cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to call credit solutions or use luv button for cli requests for synchrony?

tag
heather06
New Contributor

Is it better to call credit solutions or use luv button for cli requests for synchrony?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it better to call credit solutions or use luv button for cli requests for synchrony?

I’d like to know the answer to this too. I can’t get an increase from them to save my life. I have had them a few months(I know not long) but I am stuck at a $300 limit for my PayPal. I have a cap1 with a $3,500 limit and a Chase with a $4,000 limit that should be here today. They also reported to the CRA off cycle and showed I had almost maxed it out because I used it a couple times. I am going to sock draw this thing if I can’t get an increase.
Message 2 of 11
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Is it better to call credit solutions or use luv button for cli requests for synchrony?

For my increases with synchrony, I have always use the automated system through calling the number on the back of the card. The increase button has very rarely worked for me in the past.
Message 3 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

With Sync...if at first you don't succeed with the increase button then feel free to try the chat, and if that doesn't work...call.  Best of luck to you!  

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the chat after having my Amazon Store card for 3 mos and got a CLI from my $1200 SL to $3K CL. Might have been eligible for more, but only asked for $3K
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience is key, as well as method. I started out with a $800 limit on my Care Credit in Jan '17 and had no hope of getting an increase. I requested my first increase in like October '17. Used the luv button, but got no love. Tried chat, still no love. Gave up and used the card in November, let the statement cut and made a payment. Then in December I got a CLI from $800 to $6436 via the robo lady. A month after that, I requested another CLI via the luv button, and got more than I asked for, was bumped up to $12k. So have patience. Your limit might not grow in the first month, or two months, or even three months. But it will grow. I never thought I'd go from $800 to 12k in a year but I did!

So in short, my luck was first with the robo lady when the luv button and chat failed me. After my first CLI, I used the luv button and was successful with that. I've never called Credit Solutions because I just dread talking to a real person over the phone.

Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymouswrote:

Patience is key, as well as method. I started out with a $800 limit on my Care Credit in Jan '17 and had no hope of getting an increase. I requested my first increase in like October '17. Used the luv button, but got no love. Tried chat, still no love. Gave up and used the card in November, let the statement cut and made a payment. Then in December I got a CLI from $800 to $6436 via the robo lady. A month after that, I requested another CLI via the luv button, and got more than I asked for, was bumped up to $12k. So have patience. Your limit might not grow in the first month, or two months, or even three months. But it will grow. I never thought I'd go from $800 to 12k in a year but I did!

So in short, my luck was first with the robo lady when the luv button and chat failed me. After my first CLI, I used the luv button and was successful with that. I've never called Credit Solutions because I just dread talking to a real person over the phone.

I feel the same way about having to call, but I just want to add that calling Credit Solutions is actually quite painless... they aren't 'chatty' at all, actually they are all-business. (Especially the overseas number, which is what I used.)

By 'all-business' I mean they don't ask why you want the CLI, and they don't care... they just confirm that it's really you (verify address), then ask your rent/house payment and income, then you how much you want - that's it.  On one of my calls (for my Sam's Club MC) they did need to send a code via text message to verify my phone number, but that was understandable since I was asking them to raise the CL to $20k. 

I also want to point out to any new people that Credit Solutions is not the same as the customer service number on the back of your card (or the bill), it's a special number primarily for CLIs, and they handle most of Synchrony's cards.

Message 7 of 11
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

I have one store card with Synchrony (Walmart) and here is my experience with them to date.

Open acct 3/17 SL $800

Ran $500 a month thru it, let it report 60% and paid it down to under 10%

Luv button CLI request 7/17 - $200 (new CL $1,000)

Same useage as before

Read about calling in vs. button

Automated phone call CLI request 11/17 - $5,000 (new CL $6,000)

I asked for $10,000 total and they countered $6,000

Luv button CLI request 1/18 denied, not enough exp.

As soon as my next statement cuts I will be requesting a CLI via a phone call

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive had most success with calling Credit Solutions, overseas number. Agree with Uncle B , all business. The 3 methods do work but not for everyone. I could hit the luv button and get nothing but a cold shoulder. Ive tried chat once or twice with mixed results. I also find if you chat and ask for more than 10k, they refer you to Credit Solutions. Go figureSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt see a luv button on my walmart mc which had a 2400 SL so i  contacted them on chat and asked for 7500 and they countered with 6000 which i happily accepted. Took 5 minutes or less.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.