Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Sharing My Journey from BoA Cash Rewards Secured to BoA Travel Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Sharing My Journey from BoA Cash Rewards Secured to BoA Travel Rewards

So I replied to one threads here and thought maybe I should share my experience with everybody else. 

I migrated to the US on Feb of 2013. I was 22 then and ready to take on my first job.

So around April of 2013, I went to BoA and opened a Checking, Savings and a Cash Rewards Secured Credit Card ($300 CL). 

I was told that I can request for a graduation from the Secured account after 12 months or this can happen automatically.

Then it was around May when I noticed a $39 charge for an Annual Fee. 

I called BoA and asked them why I was being charged $39 when technically i'm using my own money for the credit thus Secured (I didn't know much, then! lol).

Anyway, they explained that it's included in the service agreement. I mentioned that it wasn't fully disclosed to me when I opened my account thru a BoA associate at a bank location. They said they can waive the fee for that year but all other succeeding fees won't.

Fast forward to 2014, I got billed that same amount. I tried to call for a force graduation (it's been 1 year since I opened the account) but I got declined (sorry! i've been bad at doing my budgets then when I used to just swipe everything away).

Another fast forward to May 2015, I just woke up one day and found out that they automatically graduated my account from being secured to the regular one! I got another charge for the annual fee early May 2015. 

I just called today and requested to have my credit card changed from Cash Rewards to Travel Rewards and it was granted!

So no more annual fee for me! Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.