cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just opened an AMEX and statement closed.

tag
Kendro
Contributor

Just opened an AMEX and statement closed.

I opened an AMEX early May and the closing date is 5/25 which was yesterday. However when I went to pay the bill, it told me no payment is due at this time. Is this because I haven't owned the card for a full month so they are giving me an extra billing cycle? Should I just pay in full now like I normally do even though there is no statement generated?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Just opened an AMEX and statement closed.

@Kendro wrote:
I opened an AMEX early May and the closing date is 5/25 which was yesterday. However when I went to pay the bill, it told me no payment is due at this time. Is this because I haven't owned the card for a full month so they are giving me an extra billing cycle? Should I just pay in full now like I normally do even though there is no statement generated?

Give it a few days, their site should update to "Please Pay By _____"

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
mab6311
New Contributor

You can also always give them a call, Amex CRS is really good its one of reasons I pay for their card. I think its because all your transactions where "pending" and not posted to your account and the statement was cut meaning that all those "pending" transactions get another mouth of not having to be paid! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should have told you the statement dates and due dates when you called to activate the account.  I know I was told all of that with the general info when I activated my card a few weeks ago.  I cannot remember what they said, so I understand Smiley Tongue  Call them, CS will be more than happy to give you any info you want.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This same thing happend to me, I really wish they would tell you that from the get go so we would know that they are going to make the closeing date so soon.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.