Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late/returned payment question

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Late/returned payment question

Made a mistake on my Walmart Store card payment. Entered the checking account number and inverted 2 numbers. The payment has a status of returned. I immediately made another payment. Does this hurt me on my credit report? So worried and today's my birthday
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Late/returned payment question

Happy birthday!

As long as it was paid within 30 days of the due date, it will not be sent as late to the bureaus.  You will be charged a late fee, but they may be willing to remove that for you - I would call and explain what happened.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 2 of 6
texasman07
Established Contributor

Okay sounds great ! Thank you !!!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I did something similar once (worse.. forgot to pay $5 balance) and they hit me with a late fee but never affected my credit. If it's within 30 days you're safe. How far after the due date are you? If it's right on the line, call them and make sure they don't report to the bureau as late.

Sounds like you're just a couple of days past though, so nothing to worry about.

Message 4 of 6
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thank you, I'm 7 days past the payment date. I called them and they said the late fee hasn't posted. They said call tomorrow and they will remove it . So weird though she said as soon as your payments post we will update the CB. I'm lnot even near 30 days. Hoping she is just reading a script
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
Made a mistake on my Walmart Store card payment. Entered the checking account number and inverted 2 numbers. The payment has a status of returned. I immediately made another payment. Does this hurt me on my credit report? So worried and today's my birthday

That happened to me with my first payment to Amazon. It was an early payment, thank goodness. I had reversed two numbers on my bank account. I called Synchrony and explaine what happened. She told me to correct it and put it through again and nothing would happen to my account. I was sooooo glad I called. It is best to deal with those things immediately, I believe.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.