Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Credit Card CLI

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Lowes Credit Card CLI

I just recently tried to get a CLI on Lowes online website, my current CL with them is $5600.

I received a post card for 0% for 18 months and may be purchasing items to finish a basement.

I got a message saying they dont process CLIs online and to call customer service. Anybody seen this

recently from them?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes Credit Card CLI

@MrCredit wrote:

I just recently tried to get a CLI on Lowes online website, my current CL with them is $5600.

I received a post card for 0% for 18 months and may be purchasing items to finish a basement.

I got a message saying they dont process CLIs online and to call customer service. Anybody seen this

recently from them?

How old is the account? GE is very good about giveing CLI.
Message 2 of 11
Helpmeraiseit
Valued Member

Yes, this is with all GE cards. They require that you now request it through the automated system.

Message 3 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

I would go for it, I just requested a cli the end of last week via phone number on back of the card you go through the prompts and you will hear the prompt for the cli, I do have to say it is quite tedius though with all the questions asked,  it is not as simple as before when it was online, but you have to put in the request for what you want I asked for $2,200 and it was granted and showed up online immediately.  I do have to say the bank gives out high cli's, I am now at $10,000 with Lowes, I say go high I heard they do counter offer, Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

GE is very good with CLI's and they are SP's/

Message 5 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@tray wrote:

I would go for it, I just requested a cli the end of last week via phone number on back of the card you go through the prompts and you will hear the prompt for the cli, I do have to say it is quite tedius though with all the questions asked,  it is not as simple as before when it was online, but you have to put in the request for what you want I asked for $2,200 and it was granted and showed up online immediately.  I do have to say the bank gives out high cli's, I am now at $10,000 with Lowes, I say go high I heard they do counter offer, Good Luck

What's your spending habit like on this card?

Message 6 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@tray wrote:

What's your spending habit like on this card?

I have purchased small items here and there but i am on a 18 month 0% financing since May for kitchen appliances I purchased

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 11
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

+ 1 ..... I just got a Lowes but I can tell  you first hand that you will need to call the automated number and with GECRB Walmart card they DID make a counter offer immediately after my original request was denied. My original request was to move CL to 1500 and they countered with 1400 so not too shabby

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for reviving an older thread.. but my experience was different just now. I called and went through the automated system, but it immediately transferred me to a customer service representative. I gave her all of the information again, and I was denied! :/

Scores are in the signature. No hard inquiries for the past year. I used to have a $3k limit, but they cut it to $1100 in January. I had to short sale the house after a divorce but that was last year, I missed a total of 3 payments, and the house sold in November. 1 30 day late for a loan that I'm a co-signer on (ex wife's car.. I'm trying desperately to get her to get rid of it or something, but I'm stuck... she keeps getting declined for a refinance too.)

All other payments are current, and all cards are paid to $0 with the exception of one card that's now under 30% utilization.

But they declined me. I asked for a $5k limit even.

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for reviving an older thread.. but my experience was different just now. I called and went through the automated system, but it immediately transferred me to a customer service representative. I gave her all of the information again, and I was denied! :/

Scores are in the signature. No hard inquiries for the past year. I used to have a $3k limit, but they cut it to $1100 in January. I had to short sale the house after a divorce but that was last year, I missed a total of 3 payments, and the house sold in November. 1 30 day late for a loan that I'm a co-signer on (ex wife's car.. I'm trying desperately to get her to get rid of it or something, but I'm stuck... she keeps getting declined for a refinance too.)

All other payments are current, and all cards are paid to $0 with the exception of one card that's now under 30% utilization.

But they declined me. I asked for a $5k limit even.

I mean I understand short sale, car payments, lates lates lates might not be "your" fault becuase of ex but the bank doesn't care who you point out, they are only seeing they are late and you are joint (so they really are yours, rather you were suppose to have to pay or not)

I only state all this because my score is 25 points higher and I only had a $500 limit increased to $1000 last month... so even after a decrease and the lates and short sale you have higher limit then I do.  My report is not free of baddies either though so it's a take with grain of salt thing I guess!

Give it another 6 months and let those lates age more.... each bank seems to have that magic number of when the most recent late allows for lower approvals or instant declines. and even manual reviews don't always help.

I had a house foreclose and was included in my bk... it sold last year in may or june i think... I have lates showing up till feb this year or nov, forget without looking... I have been disputing for months now and still confirmed so far!! (How do you confirm an asset that not only I don't own but you (the bank) doesn't own and place lates!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.