Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes card approval

tag
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Lowes card approval

Just got approved for the Lowes card on the spot at the store for 1500 limit.

How long will it take to receive the card in the mail? Does the card come with coupons for lowes purchases? I am in southern california near the US mexico border if that makes a difference. If it is a regular store card is it upgradeable to visa or mastercard? Agent did not tell me if it was store card or also a visa or mastercard. I forgot to ask.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowes card approval

what is the deal with the select a label thing on the forums? What does it do what is it for?

Message 2 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

Just got approved for the Lowes card on the spot at the store for 1500 limit.

How long will it take to receive the card in the mail? Does the card come with coupons for lowes purchases? I am in southern california near the US mexico border if that makes a difference. If it is a regular store card is it upgradeable to visa or mastercard? Agent did not tell me if it was store card or also a visa or mastercard. I forgot to ask.

Congratulations on the approval....you should get the card in 7-10 days.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not heard of a Lowe's card being able to be upgraded to a MC or Visa.  I think it's just a store card period.

What bureau did they pull for your approval in store?  I've heard it's TU for online applications, but in store it's one of the other bureaus.

What was your credit score with the bureau pulled and how did the rest of your profile look overall?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! Lowe's is a store card. It usually takes 7-10 days to receive a card in the mail. The card may come with a special financing offer. If you still have questions, call CS.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't come with coupons lol but it does come with the special financing terms. It's only store card. They pull either TU or EX online (mainly TU though)

Elcocaino2010 here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Introducing-labels-amp-tags/td-p/4397200

Don't be scared to read pinned posts.
Message 6 of 8
timbales1
Established Member

Just wanted to say thanks to the my Fico forums family for your knowledge and support. App for Lowes Card in store this morning. Approved for $1,200, walked outside and called credit solutions for cli. Went from $1,200 to $5,000 limit. Without this forums help, I wouldn't have known the tricks to acquiring credit and building good score. Thanks to all!!!
Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP that was what I was going to add, to make sure you.call CS to get the SL improved.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.