Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML Cards are closing at the end of OCT

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

ML Cards are closing at the end of OCT

Just remembered we reciveved a leter saying our ML+ card is closing and transfering to a BOA cash rewards card, and we can redeem our ML points or wait and they will issue it as cash back in NOV. Whats anyones feelings about this?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Re: ML Cards are closing at the end of OCT

Umm, I just got my Merrill+ card a few months back. I was never notified of this. I would be upset if my card switched to a BoA Cadh Rewards. :-(
EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 2 of 26
nicsenn
Established Member

ray8806 wrote:
Umm, I just got my Merrill+ card a few months back. I was never notified of this. I would be upset if my card switched to a BoA Cadh Rewards. :-(

I've had this card since June, 2014. Love it! I also got a CLI only yesterday from $15K to $24K. I haven't received any notice that my card is changing over to a Bank of America Cash Rewards card though - which is a very, very good thing because I do not like BoA, LOL. It's the end of the month, so I'm wondering how many other folks out there received this letter that OP did? Sorry to hear they did. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 26
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I see that this thread was started last month and bumped. I haven't received any correspondence from Bank of America regarding this matter at all and I would be very disappointed if that is, in fact, their plan for the Merrill+ cards. I certainly don't need a Cash Rewards card from them, so I would hope they'd offer me a second BBR if this is the case. The Merrill+ is such a unique card and I would prefer to hang onto mine.

Message 4 of 26
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

another failure from BOA, they think everyone wants the same 3 or so cards that have hardly any benefits to them. it is why i never use my BOA card any more really.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 5 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't received any notices or any information regarding the discontinuation of the ML+ card either.

I definitely wouldn't have the need for a 3rd Cash Rewards card since I already have 2 - Platinum Privileges VS (which is still alive and well) and the WWF affinity WMC.
Message 6 of 26
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
I haven't received any notices or any information regarding the discontinuation of the ML+ card either.

I definitely wouldn't have the need for a 3rd Cash Rewards card since I already have 2 - Platinum Privileges VS (which is still alive and well) and the WWF affinity WMC.

World Wrestling Federation has its own credit card?

Message 7 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

World Wildlife Fund
Message 8 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

World Wrestling Federation has its own credit card?

Only if you BO-lieve Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 26
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I think that's the Wilflife Fund affinity
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.