Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY NFCU UPDATE

tag
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

MY NFCU UPDATE

Update:  i originally applied for Navy LOC, flagshp reward visa which i checked on both appliacations and they both said in process i had done applications on line and my equifax was locked so perhaps that is why there was an initial further review needed, i did in fact unlock my equifax 3/26 and called NFCU, was pretty much put through for the LOC and was approved for 10K after faxing all paystubs while on phone with service representative, it was intersting process because i was dealing with like a "middle man" i couldnt directly speak with the lending department.  I wanted the credit card department to know i had unlocked my equifax and was told that was a separate deparmtment, i was put on hold and the lady that answered said it was declined, but then said no its still pending.  I originally applied on the 25th.  After i hung up i had a feeling something wasnt right i called back and asked to speak with whoever approved the credit cards and was told they would have to help me,(still the middle man/woman) i guess i cannot directly talk to anyone, she told me my application was voided.  So i asked are you sure because when i log into "check applications" it still says in process, she said yes she was sure, so she took my information again via phone and told me it would take a few days to process as it wasnt instant.  Well i log into that "check applications" screen i got via email now i have the Signature card and the Flaghip card "in process"  looks like two separate cards im applying for, Im kind of upset as i dont want them to think im being greedy and its an obvious mistake on the service agents behalf.  I cannot speak directly to that department so now its a waiting game to see what happens but im not feeling good as it looks like now i've applied for 2 credit cards and the LOC. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MY NFCU UPDATE

Navy Fed is not fast at approving applications... Mine took 3 days...   A lot of folks get nervous when the app takes a little while, but keep in mind that NFCU personnel manually review the apps prior to approval, especially for the ones approved with 5 digit credit limits.

What you should do now is just wait it out... Since you have two apps pending, just leave it alone, you might end up with two cards.  If you by no means want two cards or two apps, send them a secured message via your message center and ask them to cancel the duplicate application, but please continue to consider the primary application for the credit card. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

+1 for Webhopper.

I have a Flagship app pending and they have already scared the cr@p out of me twice.  I apped with a 750 FICO score on EQ and 2 inq but I am a worry wart.

I can't imagine that they would totally shoot me down and not counter, but what do I know about NFCU? 

Lots of people who do know about NFCU firsthand are all telling me not to leap off the ledge and one thing I have learned here at these forums is there are a lot of folks here that know much more than I about a great many things. Smiley Happy

I think we will both be fine. Smiley Happy

P.S.  They pulled both TU and EQ for my Flagship Visa app so far.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Pilotdude wrote:

+1 for Webhopper.

I have a Flagship app pending and they have already scared the cr@p out of me twice.  I apped with a 750 FICO score on EQ and 2 inq but I am a worry wart.

I can't imagine that they would totally shoot me down and not counter, but what do I know about NFCU? 

Lots of people who do know about NFCU firsthand are all telling me not to leap off the ledge and one thing I have learned here at these forums is there are a lot of folks here that know much more than I about a great many things. Smiley Happy

Generally they pull TU for membership, and EQ for credit products...   Are you sure that they pulled both reports specifically for the Flagship app?

FICO 9:

Message 4 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

+1 for Webhopper.

Generally they pull TU for membership, and EQ for credit products...   Are you sure that they pulled both reports specifically for the Flagship app?

Yep.  I triple checked to make sure my eyeballs were working correctly:

They pulled TU on 3-25 as "NFCU Membership"

Then on 3-26 they pulled TU again as "NFCU/Visa"   and EQ also on 3-26 as "NFCU"

Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Pilotdude wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

+1 for Webhopper.

Yep.  I triple checked to make sure my eyeballs were working correctly:

They pulled TU on 3-25 as "NFCU Membership"

Then on 3-26 they pulled TU again as "NFCU/Visa"   and EQ also on 3-26 as "NFCU"

Wow, this is odd!

I think they must want to give you a nice limit.

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree with webhopper. I have never known them to pull TU for credit products.
Message 7 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I agree with webhopper. I have never known them to pull TU for credit products.

eeek

Message 8 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

photo TU3-27_zps03b345f8.jpg>

This is from my MyFICO TU Pull this morning. 

There is also a pull on EQ

jumping in 3.....2......1......

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.