Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MC- How is Amazon coded?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel MC- How is Amazon coded?

Still deciding on whether to get the card... Dining and "entertainment" is nice but I was wondering if anyone knows whether the system considers amazon.com to be a bookstore or something else? This will likely be the decisive factor in the application

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Marvel MC- How is Amazon coded?

@Anonymous wrote:

Still deciding on whether to get the card... Dining and "entertainment" is nice but I was wondering if anyone knows whether the system considers amazon.com to be a bookstore or something else? This will likely be the decisive factor in the application

Thanks!

Since no one has actually got their card yet much less had time to make a purchase and have it clear; it is impossible to answer this question.....

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Since no one has actually got their card yet much less had time to make a purchase and have it clear; it is impossible to answer this question.....

man, Sync should hurry up with shipping then lol, tryna get that CB from booze and random stuff from Prime!

Message 3 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

man, Sync should hurry up with shipping then lol, tryna get that CB from booze and random stuff from Prime!

Since the MCC is set with MasterCard (in this case) and Barclay's Sallie Mae MasterCard treats Amazon like a 'bookstore' (meaning Amazon is using the bookstore MCC), I'm thinking it should.

This is just speculation, of course, until somebody has time to get the card, make a purchase, then look over their statement.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Since the MCC is set with MasterCard (in this case) and Barclay's Sallie Mae MasterCard treats Amazon like a 'bookstore' (meaning Amazon is using the bookstore MCC), I'm thinking it should.

This is just speculation, of course, until somebody has time to get the card, make a purchase, then look over their statement.  Smiley Wink

bolded the important part. How a store is coded is determined by the card network, in this case Mastercard. Thus, any Mastercard used at a given store will have those charges coded as the same type.

It is worth mentioning though, that just as there are items sold on Amazon but not fulfilled by Amazon which are charged separately and do not code as Amazon (bookstore) purchases, digital media from Amazon also does not seem to be coded as a bookstore purchase - so the Marvel MC would give you 3% on digital music/video/games where Sallie Mae MC drops to the standard 1% "everything else" rate for them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.