Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid Month Statement dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid Month Statement dates

So as I am very new to the world of credit cards, I have been one ot pay with cash (debit) throughout my adult life, I thought that I did all the applicable research before diving into the points world. 

One thing that seemed to make sense was that the the credit card companies report the monthly balance, on the statement dates each month.  I am finding that not to be the case.  Has anyone else had an issue with cards that are supposed to report mid month reporting at the end of the month?

Paying the cards off/down to almost nothing is not the issue, but I the whole point is to maximize my fico/rewards benefits.  

The offending cards are US Bank Cash +, and the Chase freedom.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mid Month Statement dates

Welcome to MyFICO

US Bank is one of the few creditors that reports your balance at the end of the month regardless of your due or statement dates.  Something that you just kind of have to accept and plan accordingly.  Chase on the other hand always has reported the statement date which is typically 3 days after your due date. Not sure what you might be seeing or happening with your Freedom date.  Keep in mind that Chase will also report/update your reports if you pay a balance to $0. If your due date date isn’t in the part of the month that you would like it to be, you can always request a new date with them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.