Reply
New Contributor
jboy1972
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎05-01-2013
0

Mini App Spree

Newest member of Myfico, and first want to thank the forum for all the knowledge, and wealth of information you have given us..

 

Well My stats are (FICO EQ 747: 4/24/13)( FICO TU 701:4/2713)(FICO EX 737 4/28/13via AMEX) Income- 40k, no baddies %100 on-time payment, AAoA- 2 yrs

Macys- 600cl 2yrs old

BB RZ MC- AU on DW 300 cl 2.6 yrs old

ALWAYS PIF

No mortgage

No car loan

 

In April I Apped for:

BCE- Instant Approved 2000cl after promo 21.99 APR

Discover it- Instant Approved 2500cl after promo 17.99 APR

Citi TY Prefered-Instant  Approved 3500cl after promo 17.99

Chase Freedom-Denied (reconned) 500cl after promo 13.99 APR

 

These are my first credit cards and Im 40 yrs old..hahaha!.. Still cash is king!

 

My question now is: with FICO scores I listed,  why does chase only give me 500 cl but give me thew lowest APR? I was under the impression that creditworthiness comes from the lowest APR ,(excellent credit)to a high APR(fair credit)and yet chase only gives me 500? The reason for denial was not enough revolving credit?? Please someone shed some light..

 

Thanks in advance

 

 

NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $12.3k*| Discover It $5k *| Citi TY Preferred $3.5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,656
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Mini App Spree

[ Edited ]

jboy1972 wrote:

Newest member of Myfico, and first want to thank the forum for all the knowledge, and wealth of information you have given us..

 

Well My stats are (FICO EQ 747: 4/24/13)( FICO TU 701:4/2713)(FICO EX 737 4/28/13via AMEX) Income- 40k, no baddies %100 on-time payment, AAoA- 2 yrs

Macys- 600cl 2yrs old

BB RZ MC- AU on DW 300 cl 2.6 yrs old

ALWAYS PIF

No mortgage

No car loan

 

In April I Apped for:

BCE- Instant Approved 2000cl after promo 21.99 APR

Discover it- Instant Approved 2500cl after promo 17.99 APR

Citi TY Prefered-Instant  Approved 3500cl after promo 17.99

Chase Freedom-Denied (reconned) 500cl after promo 13.99 APR

 

These are my first credit cards and Im 40 yrs old..hahaha!.. Still cash is king!

 

My question now is: with FICO scores I listed,  why does chase only give me 500 cl but give me thew lowest APR? I was under the impression that creditworthiness comes from the lowest APR ,(excellent credit)to a high APR(fair credit)and yet chase only gives me 500? The reason for denial was not enough revolving credit?? Please someone shed some light..

 

Thanks in advance

 

 


Welcome to the forum

Congrats on a very nice app spree its time to hit the garden now for an extended stay...Chase likes to see a year of CC history

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,663
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Mini App Spree

[ Edited ]

Congrats!! Thats an awesome app spree. Ive hard that Chase likes to match credit limits and since you have two low limit cards maybe they decided to give you a $500 CL to start with. 

Frequent Contributor
mauwow0682
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎08-24-2010
0

Re: Mini App Spree

+1.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
jboy1972
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎05-01-2013
0

Re: Mini App Spree

Thanks! I just was wondering why. and they gave me the lowest APR too...Just wished they would match it

NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $12.3k*| Discover It $5k *| Citi TY Preferred $3.5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,564
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Mini App Spree


myjourney wrote:

jboy1972 wrote:

Newest member of Myfico, and first want to thank the forum for all the knowledge, and wealth of information you have given us..

 

Well My stats are (FICO EQ 747: 4/24/13)( FICO TU 701:4/2713)(FICO EX 737 4/28/13via AMEX) Income- 40k, no baddies %100 on-time payment, AAoA- 2 yrs

Macys- 600cl 2yrs old

BB RZ MC- AU on DW 300 cl 2.6 yrs old

ALWAYS PIF

No mortgage

No car loan

 

In April I Apped for:

BCE- Instant Approved 2000cl after promo 21.99 APR

Discover it- Instant Approved 2500cl after promo 17.99 APR

Citi TY Prefered-Instant  Approved 3500cl after promo 17.99

Chase Freedom-Denied (reconned) 500cl after promo 13.99 APR

 

These are my first credit cards and Im 40 yrs old..hahaha!.. Still cash is king!

 

My question now is: with FICO scores I listed,  why does chase only give me 500 cl but give me thew lowest APR? I was under the impression that creditworthiness comes from the lowest APR ,(excellent credit)to a high APR(fair credit)and yet chase only gives me 500? The reason for denial was not enough revolving credit?? Please someone shed some light..

 

Thanks in advance

 

 


Welcome to the forum

Congrats on a very nice app spree its time to hit the garden now for an extended stay...Chase likes to see a year of CC history


+1

 

FICO score alone is not the only factor that lenders rely upon for approval.  Keep in mind, the application was not originally approved.  However, given the reconsideration efforts, Chase was only willing to approve you for the lowest CL based on your overall credit experience.  The APR is secondary which is also determined by internal risk factors.  With AMEX BCE, you scored a decent TL but a very subprime APR.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,656
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Mini App Spree

[ Edited ]

FinStar wrote:

myjourney wrote:

jboy1972 wrote:

Newest member of Myfico, and first want to thank the forum for all the knowledge, and wealth of information you have given us..

 

Well My stats are (FICO EQ 747: 4/24/13)( FICO TU 701:4/2713)(FICO EX 737 4/28/13via AMEX) Income- 40k, no baddies %100 on-time payment, AAoA- 2 yrs

Macys- 600cl 2yrs old

BB RZ MC- AU on DW 300 cl 2.6 yrs old

ALWAYS PIF

No mortgage

No car loan

 

In April I Apped for:

BCE- Instant Approved 2000cl after promo 21.99 APR

Discover it- Instant Approved 2500cl after promo 17.99 APR

Citi TY Prefered-Instant  Approved 3500cl after promo 17.99

Chase Freedom-Denied (reconned) 500cl after promo 13.99 APR

 

These are my first credit cards and Im 40 yrs old..hahaha!.. Still cash is king!

 

My question now is: with FICO scores I listed,  why does chase only give me 500 cl but give me thew lowest APR? I was under the impression that creditworthiness comes from the lowest APR ,(excellent credit)to a high APR(fair credit)and yet chase only gives me 500? The reason for denial was not enough revolving credit?? Please someone shed some light..

 

Thanks in advance

 

 


Welcome to the forum

Congrats on a very nice app spree its time to hit the garden now for an extended stay...Chase likes to see a year of CC history


+1

 

FICO score alone is not the only factor that lenders rely upon for approval.  Keep in mind, the application was not originally approved.  However, given the reconsideration efforts, Chase was only willing to approve you for the lowest CL based on your overall credit experience.  The APR is secondary which is also determined by internal risk factors.  With AMEX BCE, you scored a decent TL but a very subprime APR.


+1 Correct you manage to convince chase to take a chance on you (recon) but they are taking a small chance until you prove yourself.....FinStar well said:smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,269
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Mini App Spree

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on a successful spree and I'll see you in the garden!
New Contributor
jboy1972
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎05-01-2013
0

Re: Mini App Spree

Thanks FinStar..

I was wondering about that AMEX one.. Is it possible after maybe a year of gardening and good history they would lower my APR ?or is AMEX just like that?

NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $12.3k*| Discover It $5k *| Citi TY Preferred $3.5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,564
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Mini App Spree


jboy1972 wrote:

Thanks FinStar..

I was wondering about that AMEX one.. Is it possible after maybe a year of gardening and good history they would lower my APR ?or is AMEX just like that?


AMEX does have some flexibility with APRs depending on the product.  Manage your BCE wisely and have them review your account on or about 12 months to determine if the account is elegible for a lower APR.  If this is going to be one of your primary CCs, then you can leverage such history and usage for elegibility.  After all, you want them to keep your business and relationship.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}