Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI

So I was approved for the nRewards card about 6 years ago with a starting limit of $500. Fast forward to now, and I still have not recieved a CLI! I have tried twice to request and got denied. In fairness, before I joined these forumjs, I carried balances and high utilization. But i never missed a payment! Perfect history with them as well as with personal loans. So for the last 6 months I left the balance at 0 and moved on from the small limit. With my scores higher now, I app'd for another CLI. got 3-5 day message. So im gonna take that as a HP and a hell no. Gonna send NFCU a secure message that Im just gonna stop using the card. I have higher limits 4x this amount and the only negative Ive ever had on my credit reports were student loans. With all the success I read on this forums I am baffled!! Makes no sense. Any ADVICE?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI

What are the balances like on other cards? Inquires? Have you ever been late on the NFCU account?
FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 2 of 8
Pitt570
New Contributor

I find that odd you been with navy that long and with only a 500 limit...everything on your report clean and inline did anything happen in that time frame with navy or other banks that could have set them off?....just saying because my dad started with a 500 limit in august and has jumped to 22K since then so it moved quickly in that time frame

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never been late on a payment with NFCU. Hell ive done 2 personal loans with them as well and never been late either. As far as baddies. I only have student loan accounts charged off 6 years ago. Currently they are in REHAB. Other cards I currently posses are Capital One, 2 Barclays Cards, Amazon Store, Care Credit, and Chase Freedom. I just dont understand... Cause I see users with upper 500's getting larger initial limits. Btw.. my overall utilizatin is probably at 10% with the NFCU card at 0. I only make small charges the last few months. Just not worth multiple payments anymore. 

Message 4 of 8
Littlewing745
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never been late on a payment with NFCU. Hell ive done 2 personal loans with them as well and never been late either. As far as baddies. I only have student loan accounts charged off 6 years ago. Currently they are in REHAB. Other cards I currently posses are Capital One, 2 Barclays Cards, Amazon Store, Care Credit, and Chase Freedom. I just dont understand... Cause I see users with upper 500's getting larger initial limits. Btw.. my overall utilizatin is probably at 10% with the NFCU card at 0. I only make small charges the last few months. Just not worth multiple payments anymore. 

If for some reason your CLI request comes back negative, you *really* need to give them a call for recon and tell them exactly what you just said. I've never heard of anyone having this issue with NFCU, and I can't imagine it wouldn't get resolved rather quickly if you call. Best of luck, and let us know how it turns out for you.

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Send a secure message online stating that you have higher limits than navy but longer history with navy and you are disappointed they will not extend you more credit line on your credit card but will give you personal unsecured loans.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So secured message conversation concluded with a 500 dollar increase to 1k... 😳. Stated that after review I had derogatory information on my report. Which again, are student loans which are already being rehabbed. All other account activity is good and never late. I'm surprised they are holding student loans against me since I send all income through them. Ah well... I'll try again when rehab is complete.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So secured message conversation concluded with a 500 dollar increase to 1k... 😳. Stated that after review I had derogatory information on my report. Which again, are student loans which are already being rehabbed. All other account activity is good and never late. I'm surprised they are holding student loans against me since I send all income through them. Ah well... I'll try again when rehab is complete.

I'm sorry that they didn't give you a higher increase but you can't really complain that they are 'holding student loans against you'.  It's a derogatory item on your reports and until the rehab is complete its a derogatory item just the same as late payments on a personal loan or cc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.