Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Question & Help Needed!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

NFCU Question & Help Needed!

When DH injured his bank, we included one nfcu card with a debt mgmt company.  We recently paid off all of the debt (2 years early) except for NFCU, which we have removed from the program.  I think the balance is around 2,000.

Since the injury, we are mortgage free, and he is debt free, sans the $2,000.

Income is 100k + for himself.

Do you all think it's better to reapply or call about re-opening this Visa?  We CAN pay it off within the next couple of months if I don't spend $6k on eye surgery.

Thoughts Appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RemyWinchester
Contributor

Re: NFCU Question & Help Needed!

honestly that's a question nobody here can answer. you have to contact NFCU and deal with them directly for something like this. 

I do know that NFCU has a very long memory so hopefully your account remains in good standing. 

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I believe once you pay them off then you are eligible to join again and then apply again and based on your current credit... it's almost not heard of for any bank to just re-open the account that was closed or in a program... you have to start over.

but pay them in full first.

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Glad to hear DH has recovered. I agree with CA, pay them and reapply. I doubt they will reopen a closed account
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.