Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card Graduated!!

tag
alk1113
Established Member

NFCU Secured Card Graduated!!

Yay!! So, I've been a long time lurker Smiley Happy but I just wanted to share the good news.

I was always under the impression that the NFCU Secured card no longer graduated. However, I pulled all 3 credit bureau reports this morning and relized the CLI from $2K to $3K! Woot woot! (by the way - I've had the card for a year).

I called them to confirm and my money in my savings account is now available.

Its the small victories that make my day LOL

Thanks for reading.

NFCU $20K // Navchek LOC $15K // Barclay MC $3K // CapOne $3K // RTG $1500 // Victoria's Secret $750 // Nordstrom $500 // Walmart $500 // // Express $550 // The Limited $550

08/08 EQ 658
Barclay Fico 650 - CK 672
BK7 10/12
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Card Graduated!!

@alk1113 wrote:

Yay!! So, I've been a long time lurker Smiley Happy but I just wanted to share the good news.

I was always under the impression that the NFCU Secured card no longer graduated. However, I pulled all 3 credit bureau reports this morning and relized the CLI from $2K to $3K! Woot woot! (by the way - I've had the card for a year).

I called them to confirm and my money in my savings account is now available.

Its the small victories that make my day LOL

Thanks for reading.

Congrats!!!  I've been with NFCU for several years now & they simply ROCK!  I have a checking, savings, x-ferred my old 401k there & have 2 auto loans (.04% & .02%) & their Platinum Visa.

When I apped for the Visa...I was in utter shock...approved for 25k!!!  That card has an 8.5% interest rate.

Be good with that card & they will prove to be very very good to you!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Awesome news!!!
Message 3 of 9
alk1113
Established Member

Thanks so much!! They've been good to us for a year or two now as well - I love them. I had to drop USAA after the BK because they froze my accounts, and since I got NFCU, I haven't looked back Lol They've truly been amazing.

NFCU $20K // Navchek LOC $15K // Barclay MC $3K // CapOne $3K // RTG $1500 // Victoria's Secret $750 // Nordstrom $500 // Walmart $500 // // Express $550 // The Limited $550

08/08 EQ 658
BK7 10/12
Message 4 of 9
alk1113
Established Member

@baller4life wrote:
Congrats!!! Awesome news!!!

Thank you :-)

08/08 EQ 658
BK7 10/12
Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Which product did they give you?  Just curious...

Message 6 of 9
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

They always graduate it to the regular nRewards card but then you can request a product change. When mine unsecured I called up and asked for the card to be changed to the CashRewards card and the request was processed that very same day.

Message 7 of 9
alk1113
Established Member

@BungalowMo wrote:

nRewards MC 

08/08 EQ 658
BK7 10/12
Message 8 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I had the nRewards Visa for a couple years & did a PC to the Platinum for a lower int rate.  This card has carried the bulk of my balances.  Doing what I can to pay it down, but an 8% rate is certainly a helper!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.