Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Auto-CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy FCU Auto-CLI

Man, it feels weird being in the world of all you other disciplined people with good credit... For years I struggled to rebuild, and now I have made some good progress, and look forward to continuing to be disciplined and patient and responsible... but it sure helps when you find a new ally to help in the struggle, and mine is Navy FCU.

I always feared my credit card statements, phone calls and emails from my creditors... and I open my statement today from Navy and see "Important Notices"

UH OH! Smiley Mad

IMPORTANT NOTICES                                                                                                                  
     CONGRATULATIONS! WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR CREDIT LINE HAS BEEN INCREASED! YOUR NEW LIMIT IS                      
     $16,500.00 . THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU.  IF EVER YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL.                    
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy FCU Auto-CLI

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was your limit before the CLI and how long have you had the card for? Just trying to get a feel on what NFCU hands out on auto CLIs. I bet a non-requested CLI sure feels good. Again, congrats!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Was it an auto CLI on your card's anniversary?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!

Was it an auto CLI on your card's anniversary?

I started with $14k back in Sept '09... $1k on my 1 year (actually Oct '10, didn't notice for a couple months since I was just paying down the balance and not using it actively), and another $1.5k on this statement.. which doesn't seem to correlate to any significant anniversary, but I did set up a small direct deposit about 6 weeks ago to my NFCU checking and made multiple payments on the card throughout the month.  Very heavy usage history, mostly BT's, almost always carry a significant balance and pay approx 3-5x min payment.  Interestingly, about 7 weeks ago, I recieved a pre-approved offer from NFCU for the nRewards card, applied online, declined.

Message 4 of 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Man, it feels weird being in the world of all you other disciplined people with good credit... For years I struggled to rebuild, and now I have made some good progress, and look forward to continuing to be disciplined and patient and responsible... but it sure helps when you find a new ally to help in the struggle, and mine is Navy FCU.

I always feared my credit card statements, phone calls and emails from my creditors... and I open my statement today from Navy and see "Important Notices"

UH OH! Smiley Mad

IMPORTANT NOTICES                                                                                                                  
     CONGRATULATIONS! WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR CREDIT LINE HAS BEEN INCREASED! YOUR NEW LIMIT IS                      
     $16,500.00 . THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU.  IF EVER YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL.                    

Congrats on the auto-CLI!!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Gotta love Navy!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone :-)

It feels really good to be making some progress, and today I celebrate my 6 month anniversary of not using credit cards :-D

Well, except for revolving the existing balances, but paying them down and not using the cards for new purchases.  Oh, and using PenFed for gas, but I pay it off weekly so it's more of a debit card just to get the 5% cashback.  I drive a lot so this card is awesome (~3500 miles per month... 115 gallons of gas or so gets expensive, but it's nice to have a credit balance on the card when the statement closes!)

Tempted to look for some luv from PenFed, but I keep the urge in check by counting down the days till a new quarter starts, hoping (so far in complete and utter failure) for the nice shiny yellow box to come up with pre-approvals, instead. :-)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.