Did you mean: 

Navy Federal - CL Reallocation

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal - CL Reallocation

@DrewfromTexas wrote:

In the last two weeks I applied for the flagship card and was instantly approved for $15,500. I then went to my visa and asked for an increase from $20,000 to $25,500 which they countered with an increase to $25,000. I then sent them a secure message asking for them to reallocate $5000 from my visa rewards to the new flagship so they are both at 20k and end result I edned up with $20,500 on the new flagslip and $20k on my visa. I also have the amex with a 20k limit on it but didnt do anything with it.

Just sharing my recent experience with reallocation and credit limit increases.

The $5K CLI is interesting because for about the last 8 months or so they have been capping SP CLIs at $4K.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 12
DrewfromTexas
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal - CL Reallocation

I recieved a letter saying they could not do the extra $500 I asked for because I have reached my internal limit with NFCU. I get that letter pretty often but they still give me increases and new cards lol.

Maybe they used the hard pull they did on my new card with the increase, they were done minutes apart. I dont know for sure, just sharing my recent experience. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.