Nice AMEX gas offer

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Nice AMEX gas offer

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I don't have any Exxon near me, so I passed on this one.

Did sign up for a Chevron 10% back up to $25 back through Dec 31.

But with that one I'm not sure if the 10% will make up for the price difference I get at Fred Meyer.

All the Exxon’s turned into Mobil stations but they are all really expensive not sure i would take advantage of this offer, i am talking like 20 cents more a gallon compared to cheapeast available in my town. 

Right, but this offer is effectively 50% off.  So pay an extra 20¢ per gallon and receive $1.50* per gallon discount?  Sounds like a net $1.30 per gallon discount to me.  I'm not about to throw away >$17 in free gas ($34 total including wife's AmEx).

Chris.

* Figuring base price of $3/gal; adjust as necessary, but unless gas in your area is < $0.40 gallon, I think it's a deal.

I will take a look at that next time i have to fill up gas, I just took advantage of T-Mobile’s 28 cents off shell gas today so won’t have to fill up for a few more days hopefully. 

Edit: well looks like its a moot point since I don’t have that offer on my EDP, oh well 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 37
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I just checked my Hilton and Delta card neither had this offer all i got is crap offers.

Message 12 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Glad to see this in my OBC offers, so I can get the usual 5% as well as this offer (+1% through Speedpass+)

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I don't have any Exxon near me, so I passed on this one.

Did sign up for a Chevron 10% back up to $25 back through Dec 31.

But with that one I'm not sure if the 10% will make up for the price difference I get at Fred Meyer.

Really? Wow. Is that with some sort of purchase-related discount at Fred Meyer? With gas prices nearing $3/gal, 10% off is almost 30¢ per gallon discount. We don't have Fred Meyer around here, but in our area the difference between the costliest stations and the cheapest (within a localized area of course) rarely exceeds 10¢ per gallon. Sure, Exxon/BP/Chevron are more expensive than Speedway/Murphy/Costco/Woodman's, but not to the tune of 30¢ per gallon.

Chris.

Probably 'cheap' (inexpensive) gas sold there.  The other day I bought 93 Octane gas for $2.83/gallon at Costco so these warehouse clubs can seel it pretty cheap

Message 14 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks for the heads-up on this one... I didn't have it when I checked the mobile app, but when I checked on my laptop it was there for all three cards.  Smiley Very Happy

I've already loaded the Speedpass+ app, and added my BCP so I'm ready to go.  (It automatically linked to Samsung Pay, but I didn't want to take a chance with using the BCP via S.Pay triggering the Amex Offer, so I linked the card separately.)

I plan to get $20 of 93 octane from Exxon, then before Wednesday I'll head to Kroger to top-off at $1 off each gallon, and I'll rinse/repeat next month.  Win-win.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up on this one... I didn't have it when I checked the mobile app, but when I checked on my laptop it was there for all three cards.  Smiley Very Happy

I've already loaded the Speedpass+ app, and added my BCP so I'm ready to go.  (It automatically linked to Samsung Pay, but I didn't want to take a chance with using the BCP via S.Pay triggering the Amex Offer, so I linked the card separately.)

As an expirement, I plan to do it using  the link with Samsung Pay.   If it doesn't work, still time to do it otherwise next fill!

Message 16 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

As an expirement, I plan to do it using  the link with Samsung Pay.   If it doesn't work, still time to do it otherwise next fill!

Let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 37
grower1
Frequent Contributor

No offer for me on Amex Gold or BCP, and no offer for hubby on Gold. Smiley Indifferent

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up CC! I added it to my reserve. Now I just hope to find an Exxon that sells diesel (the one near my house does not). 

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grower1 wrote:

No offer for me on Amex Gold or BCP, and no offer for hubby on Gold. Smiley Indifferent

Don’t feel bad...lve been on this ship many many times myself. 

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.