cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No New Target Visa Will Be Issued For New Applicants After April 29!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

No New Target Visa Will Be Issued For New Applicants After April 29!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: No New Target Visa Will Be Issued For New Applicants After April 29!!!!!!!

Thanks Ron for the information, just read it, all I can say since Target is pulling this tatic for increased sales in their stores we will see is anyone's credit accounts will now have any real cl increases including my own instead of the standard measly $200.00 that for some people like myself stays dormant.  I feel the reason why so many people held on including myself to this minute account is for one day a magically offer will come forth for the visa card, now I quess that is up in smokes. Well all I can say if this bank does not review accounts like it should since more store business is what the game is now, I am sure alot of people will shop elsewhere and close accounts.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

"Target is the third-biggest issuer of Visa credit cards, with 23.9 million cards outstanding, and the 15th-biggest issuer overall by purchases."

Good Grief !! I never dreamed Target would issue that many Visa cards.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Target may or may not take a hit on this one.  I know as far as shopping goes, I do prefer Target over somewhere like Walmart, but I've still never been tempted to get their card.  No Rewards...no app!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 9
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Agree.

For me High APR=NO!

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 5 of 9
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

Well this was one of the first cards I got after my bankruptcy.  I have had it almost three years, always pay about 5x the minimum and have never gotten an increase from the initial $200.  I called the other day and was told that Target is not giving any credit line increases at this time so how can you spend at the store with a 200 limit.  Mine will be paid off this month and will go into the sock drawer until I get a CLI if ever.

Message 6 of 9
moonman
Frequent Contributor

today i recieved a  scorewatch alert (decrease)Smiley Mad saying that an account (Target) has changed its reporting from a charge account to a credit card. My account went from 500 cl to 1k in november and i never carry a balance on it.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moonman wrote:

today i recieved a  scorewatch alert (decrease)Smiley Mad saying that an account (Target) has changed its reporting from a charge account to a credit card. My account went from 500 cl to 1k in november and i never carry a balance on it.

Ugh! Did this happen when your statement dropped? I think my statement drops tomorrow, and I absolutely do NOT want my store card upgraded to the Visa (I plan on this being my only store card over the long haul).

Message 8 of 9
moonman
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@moonman wrote:

Ugh! Did this happen when your statement dropped? I think my statement drops tomorrow, and I absolutely do NOT want my store card upgraded to the Visa (I plan on this being my only store card over the long haul).

my statement drops on the 17th every month but my scorewatch alert said it was changed 4-1-10.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.