Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Amex cli attempts allowed for me

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: No more Amex cli attempts allowed for me

@KJinNC wrote:

Without intending to derail the thread - yes, I would provide, and have provided, POI in the form of a paystub. It's a nuisance, but it makes sense.

With tax transcripts, I have several problems with it.

1. It can give a wildly inaccurate idea of somebody's income. At best, it is a year out of date. Things can change positively or negatively in a year (for example, I was unemployed part of 2016 so my income that year was very low, I got an $8K/year raise in 2019, I got a $13K/year raise in 2020, so I have multiple recent years in which the income I'd report at a given time would be at odds with what a tax transcript from the prior year would have shown), so, why would anybody use this method when you could simply ask for a paystub? I think this should be generally reserved for special cases. Also in the case of a CLI for an existing account, you have a payment history you can review, so how much need do you really have to verify income anyway?

2. I have serious privacy concerns about the information in a tax transcript ending up online, far moreso than I worry about a paystub ending up online. Mainly because there is far more information in taxes than on a paystub.
3. Knowing both of the above, I find it rude and offensive for a company to demand a tax transcript without a compelling reason. If push came to shove, I would close my Amex accounts rather than comply with such a demand.

I agree with the concerns.   My guess is that some issuers don't trust pay stubs because they would be very easy to fake, whereas the 4506-T route gives them "official" information (which could also be deliberately false, but with much more serious penalties!)   I guess things like TheWorkNumber would be somewhat similar, but not all employers participate and the breakdown isn't as detailed.

Message 11 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Page load errors are usually the result of excess cache especially with firefox, I just clear the cache and the problems go away. I would give it a shot.

Message 12 of 15
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

It could be a browser issue. Try a different browser (chrome --> edge helped me) or even logging in under incognito

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 13 of 15
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

AJC,

I get the same issue when I use my iphone and ipad. I never bother waiting to talk to an agent. I'm at the point in my life where I actually have too much credt, so I just let it be. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 14 of 15
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit  

Hey your $13-14K Amex beats my "Lifetime Amex Banhammer" any day!! 

Anyways, try this browser... (Really good with privacy concerns too)

duckduckgo 

Just In case you're tired of clearing cookies and cache and tried all other well known browsers.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.