Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 50k CLI Amex Strategy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over 50k CLI Amex Strategy?

So I did a increase sucessfully after doing a financial review which was easy and got a 47,500 CL on my clear card.  I want to try to do a increase again, what do you think I could go for?  Since my review is already in the system could I get 60k without issues?  Do you think they would do another financial review again on it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Over 50k CLI Amex Strategy?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I did a increase sucessfully after doing a financial review which was easy and got a 47,500 CL on my clear card.  I want to try to do a increase again, what do you think I could go for?  Since my review is already in the system could I get 60k without issues?  Do you think they would do another financial review again on it?

I would request a full DOUBLE what you currently have if you are going to do it and let them review and counter back.

Message 2 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would request a full DOUBLE what you currently have if you are going to do it and let them review and counter back.

When was the $47,500 review? You asked for $47,500 recently or was that more than 6 months ago? If it was more than 6 months, then go for it, otherwise you have to wait.

But as to asking double, once the time is right, might as well.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No idea.  The only way to find out is to make the request and see.  We have no idea what your review -- was it actually an FR or just an income verification? --  might have qualified you for.  There really isn't any strategy to guarantee an outcome.  Either your credit and income qualify or they do not.

If no review is required and you qualify for less you'll get a counteroffer.  If income verification is required you can ignore the request and not get the CLI.  If you submist the request and qualify you'll get what you qualify for.  If you hit an FR then your accounts will be frozen and if you don't comply they will be closed out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.