Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC my CSP to Chase AARP?

tag
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

PC my CSP to Chase AARP?

My CSP is coming up for renewal soon and I don't think I will keep it. Now that I have the Arrival, I don't think I need two travel cards with annual fees. Well they let me PC to an AARP card? The regular Sapphire doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't want to close the line all together.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC my CSP to Chase AARP?

Nope they won't PC to a cobranded card.. Best you can do is apply for the AARP get approved and move the limit and close the CSP.  Hope this helps

Message 2 of 24
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Justrebuilding wrote:
My CSP is coming up for renewal soon and I don't think I will keep it. Now that I have the Arrival, I don't think I need two travel cards with annual fees. Well they let me PC to an AARP card? The regular Sapphire doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't want to close the line all together.

Op, i saw you have the freedom. Keeping the Sapphire allow you to transfer points, which can worth more than 1 cent per point! I never redeem my UR points for less than 5cent per point

Message 3 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

Op, i saw you have the freedom. Keeping the Sapphire allow you to transfer points, which can worth more than 1 cent per point! I never redeem my UR points for less than 5cent per point

Dang that is some good redemption value!  Have 75kur now, trying to best figure out how to use it in the future..  Should be a nice weekend somewhere hopefully if I could get 5c per point!

Message 4 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

Yes, but the thing is the OP said they don't want to pay two AFs so the only other alternative is if they close their Arrival.

You have a couple of options OP:

1) Downgrade to no AF Sapphire. I know you said you aren't really interested in this, but it maintains the history, no HP, no AAOA ding, etc. This is the "easiest" choice and least impactful. The no AF Sapphire is just 2x on dining so it's not hugely exciting but, there's also no fee and you still get to transfer the points from your Freedom and all that.

2) Since you cannot PC directly to the AARP because it's cobranded, your 2nd option is basically to open an AARP card, at which point you can roll the limit from CSP over and close the CSP. Downside of course is the HP and AAOA ding.

3) Combination of the two if you wanted to still keep the original account's history is to downgrade your CSP to CS, and then open a new AARP. If the limit is satisfactory, you don't have to roll any over; you can roll some, or do it however you want. Still the AAOA ding, but you are still keeping your original account intact.

Good luck with your decision.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

5 cents per point?? I've heard of 2-3 cents per point, but 5? How?

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

Yeah I want to know dude!

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was like is that even possible.. 

Good luck 

Message 8 of 24
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

I dont want to hog the threat,sorry op. i only use ur points for business seat at airline, tickets that sell for 4k+.so 5cent+

Message 9 of 24
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

Yeah I want to know dude!

Last time i bought a United 1st class at super sale price, 80k points, and when i check the price online, its 10k+.Thus,for short haul flight, i transfer to BA, you would easily get 3cent per points 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.