Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay in full by due date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay in full by due date?

Will credit card be closed due to inactivity if you use the card every month, but pay it off by due date?  Statement always cuts with a 0 balance.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay in full by due date?

@Anonymous wrote:

Will credit card be closed due to inactivity if you use the card every month, but pay it off by due date?  Statement always cuts with a 0 balance.

No it won't be closed.  That's activity.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean before the statement cuts? ...as in no bal reports. Either way they both count as activity...activity happens as soon as you swipe.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it considered activity if you don't put any new charges on card but instead every month are paying down the balance?  ex.  March bal is $500...pay $100.  April bal is $400...pay $100 etc.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Message 5 of 14
Chris679
Established Contributor

The short anwer I would say is yes.  

The long answer would be more complicated.  Credit card companies love customers who run up balances and then pay them off over time.  They would have no reason to close your account in that situation unless you looked too risky.  If you run up very large balances or max out multiple accounts and then make the min payment that would be no good.  

I have never had an account closed due to inactivity for less than 24 months but others have reported different experiences.  

Message 6 of 14
stellar
Established Contributor

I have read on here of ppl whose account was closed due to inactivity while they were paying off a large balance (no new swipes for months). Can't remember which banks tho.

Message 7 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Activity on an acct is defined as purchases and/or payments.

If you let the CC sit dormant for months on end with a $0 ball, and NO activity, meaning no use/no payments, then its at possible risk for being closed due to inactivity.

As long as payments are being made, its considered activity.
Message 8 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone?

Yes it is activity but what you are doing is pay way before due date because there is never anything due with a 0 balance.....lol

Message 9 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@stellar wrote:

I have read on here of ppl whose account was closed due to inactivity while they were paying off a large balance (no new swipes for months). Can't remember which banks tho.

I would think if something like this happens then it might be for other reasons.... like minimum payment for a long time ?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.