cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Promise Visa

tag
ShawnF9339

Penfed Promise Visa

Just received approval for Penfed Promise Visa. I also have the CLOC which reports on the 30th day of the month.

Anyone know when the Promise Visa posts to Credit Bureau?

Thanks for all the help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Promise Visa

Reports the second of the month for me without fail.

Message 2 of 9
ShawnF9339

Thank You!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due date/statement date depends on the last number of your card. My promise card ends in zero, the due date is the 7th and closes on the 10th. My power cash card ends in 9, it is due the 21st and closes the 24th. If you're trying to pay to zero before statement cut, it is better to do it a couple days before, their payments can take a day or so to actually post even when it shows the day you actually paid it on the statement.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you call them they can tell you your statement date.
Message 5 of 9
ShawnF9339

Thanks for the tip.

I will call tomorrow.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, they can tell you and you can request to have it changed if you'd like. Not sure how soon they will change it since it looks like a new card for you, but they can
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Due date/statement date depends on the last number of your card. My promise card ends in zero, the due date is the 7th and closes on the 10th. My power cash card ends in 9, it is due the 21st and closes the 24th. If you're trying to pay to zero before statement cut, it is better to do it a couple days before, their payments can take a day or so to actually post even when it shows the day you actually paid it on the statement.

Now that's fascinating. My new PCR has an account number ending in 5, so I infer that its due date is the 14th of the month with the statement closing date on the 17th. I wonder if this holds true for other issuers' cards.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wondered the same but don't have 2 cards from any other issuer. The lady at the Penfed branch looked at her chart to tell me when my statement date was and told me they go by the last number. That's the only reason I know this. Maybe next time I can ask to see the chart and post it in the lengthy Penfed guide. The branch manager has become one of my workout buddiesSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.