cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably huge mistake for asking CLI to AMEX??

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Probably huge mistake for asking CLI to AMEX??

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you need a CLI so bad?

To lower my Ulti. My highest CL is 2200 by chase amazon. If i got 5k+ , it would be my highest limit ever.

You can do the same thing by lowering your balances. That way you also have less debt.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To lower my Ulti. My highest CL is 2200 by chase amazon. If i got 5k+ , it would be my highest limit ever.

Well, OK but lets be honest if you did not charge up your cards you would have no utlization issues. And if you are charging up cards the second you are getting a CLI and then not paying them off- that is a bit of a danger sign.

Its a bit of a deflection to say you want a higher limit to have it and to reflect on utilization, then in another say you are charging up your cards and carrying a balance.

especially when you can show no patience to let enough time pass to get a CLI. A $2000 pop jus a few months ago and you are fiending for another.

Just saying you may wish to look at your reasoning. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can do the same thing by lowering your balances. That way you also have less debt.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

True. My spending on CC is around 500 per months but i always paid in full. I just wanna have high Credit limit, and perhaps i can match Limit to other credit cards issuers...

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, OK but lets be honest if you did not charge up your cards you would have no utlization issues. And if you are charging up cards the second you are getting a CLI and then not paying them off- that is a bit of a danger sign.

Its a bit of a deflection to say you want a higher limit to have it and to reflect on utilization, then in another say you are charging up your cards and carrying a balance.

especially when you can show no patience to let enough time pass to get a CLI. A $2000 pop jus a few months ago and you are fiending for another.

Just saying you may wish to look at your reasoning. 

Ya i made a mistake. For some reasons, i thought it's been 6 months in my head. Since i have never got credit limit over 3000, i am looking forward for it. I don't plan to spend more on CC actually.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.