Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promos and Upgrades

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Promos and Upgrades

I was wondering after a promo period will a lender offer another promotion similar or the same again? 

Also i was just told by capital one they dont offer WMC or WEMC. However on the fico forums i have seen others being upgraded to WEMC. So i was wondering how does one get upgraded? 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Re: Promos and Upgrades

Depends on the lender. Barclays offered me a 0% promo APR for balance transfers about a year ago. Now the only offers I get are 3.99%

To qualify for the WMC or WEMC, YMMV but your credit line has to be over $5000 to even be considered. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 2 of 4
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Citibank does something similar with their diamond preferred card. Offering 0% Apr on balance transfers continuously
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 4
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I have the DiscoverIt card and I was offered a BT promo when I opened the account.  I have had the account for over 1 year and I logged into my account last week and I had a new 0% balance transfer promo good for 12 months.  

I was almost tempted to take advantage of it, but I couldn't get Discover to increase the limit to a desirable amount (w/out a HP) to absorb the full balance from another card without having to worry about utilization issues.  

I then considered transfering a partial balance, but for optics reasons I decided against this too.  It is a lot more comforting to see a $0.00 balance on my Discover card vs. carrying a balance spread across multiple cards while trying to save a few dollars on interest charges.  lol

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.