Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick 2014

tag
Snookie517
Established Member

Shopping Cart Trick 2014

Hi All :-)  Im new to posting in the forums ..... I am discharged from ch 7 in 2/2014 and thrilled at the credit i have been able to acquire since .  I actually had begun rebuilding my credit for almost a year prior to having to file my ch. 7 but something from 6 years ago snuck up on me and tried to levy my bank so i had to file .  It was so frustrating !  But i am surprised at the fact that i have acquired credit so quickly and my scores arent as bad as they could be for that new of a bk !  

Anyway ,  i got the shopping cart trick to work for JCrew only a few weeks ago ( altho i didnt really want it i accepted since like i said i had no credit ) , and cant get any others to work !  I try all the time !  Anyone know as of the present which ones still do it , and also what the best way to do it is ?  And when in the process would i see the pop up ?  The JCrew wasnt really a pop up it was just kinda there on the screen.  There are a couple i would like way more than JCrew !  Thanks in advance for the help .....

Filed 10/2013 Discharged Ch 7 2/2014 and on my way with an itchy finger !

Capital One secured $500 ( started at $250 then they gave CLI ) , Capital One Quicksilver $2750 ( started at $500 ) , Credit One Platinum $950 ( started at $500) , Target $1000 ( started at $ 300 ) , JCrew $500 (started at $250) , Fingerhut $ 2600 ( started at $ 500 ) Kohl's/Capone $300, BarclayRewards $1000 ( started at $250), Barclay Apple$2400( started at $1500), Merrick Bank $1400 ( started at $700) ,Barclays William Sonoma $5000, PayPal credit $750, Nordstrom $500, Walmart $800, Amazon store card $750, QVC $500, HSN $750, Overstock $250, Tidewater $3000
EXP : 638 EQU : 626 TU: 633

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 590
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick 2014

HSN but I had to go all the way to add my payment method and then I got the popup.

Express

Victoria Secretf

Total Rewards

Buckle

on side note, GE/Sync bank does shopping cart for Dillards

Message 2 of 66
mshopkins

Hi did you try the Comenity website directly.  Victoria's Secret and Marathon gas card seemed to be easy. 

Good luck!

Gardening beginning 7/22/2014 until 11/22/2014
Last app 7/21/2014 (denied) -- Several outstanding (denials...)
"BK Ch7 Discharged 7//16/13"
Starting Score: Equifax - 569 Experian - 558 Trans 528Current Score: Credit Karma 589 Quizzle 661 Equfax (NFCU) 618
"Cards Post BK Walmart (400) Kohls (300) Credit One (600) NFCU Nrewards (2500) NFCU Navchek (500) Comenity: Marathon Gas (250) Victoria Secret (250) Lane Bryant (150) Carsons (250)"

Seedling:

Message 3 of 66
LiberatedRN
Contributor

Hi! Did you try the Brylane Home/ Woman Within/ Romans cards. They all seem fairly easy to get. I can't wear the clothes, but Romans and Woman Within offer other things like jewelry, handbags, perfume and such if you just need another Tradeline. I am very new to rebuilding my credit too. I know the pop ups do work on these sites, just be sure to enter your information as it is listed on your credit report. They are "soft pulls" too. Best wishes to you in your rebuilding process!

Officially in the Garden: 2-7-15 till 2-7-16 EQ 711 TU 735 EX 709 (Goal Score 750) (current accounts and inquiries need to age)AmexBlueCashPreferred$6.5K /CDP$6.3K/CitiDblCash$1.5k/Discover$4K/AmexGRN / ChaseFreedom$3.5K /Chase Disney$2.5K/ShopHQ$3.8K/Ebates$3.5K/WilliamsSonoma$4.5K/ /Amazon$2.6K/ HSN$2.3K /Walmart$2.3K/JCrew$4.5K / QVC$2.8K/PayPalCredit$884/BOA(sec)$600/The Loft $1000/Target $500/JCPenney$400/VS$500Last App2-7-15
Message 4 of 66
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I've had popups for AnnTaylor, the Loft, JJill, Victoria's Secret, HSN, Total Rewards Visa, Sportsman Guide Visa, MyPoints Visa, the Buckle and Express. 

The first ones I got were Loft and VS

CARDS: CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 10K | NORDSTROM STORE CARD 2K
Message 5 of 66
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Snookie517 wrote:

Hi All :-)  Im new to posting in the forums ..... I am discharged from ch 7 in 2/2014 and thrilled at the credit i have been able to acquire since .  I actually had begun rebuilding my credit for almost a year prior to having to file my ch. 7 but something from 6 years ago snuck up on me and tried to levy my bank so i had to file .  It was so frustrating !  But i am surprised at the fact that i have acquired credit so quickly and my scores arent as bad as they could be for that new of a bk !  

Anyway ,  i got the shopping cart trick to work for JCrew only a few weeks ago ( altho i didnt really want it i accepted since like i said i had no credit ) , and cant get any others to work !  I try all the time !  Anyone know as of the present which ones still do it , and also what the best way to do it is ?  And when in the process would i see the pop up ?  The JCrew wasnt really a pop up it was just kinda there on the screen.  There are a couple i would like way more than JCrew !  Thanks in advance for the help .....

I wouldn't fill up my credit profile with store cards. Especially ones you aren't going to use. You have 5 accounts now and that is MORE than enough to get a credit profile going. I'd stop there, garden a bit, and try for non store cards in 6 months to a year. You have 2 capital one cards... wait 6 months on those and ask for a credit limit increase, and ask every 6 months there after. The shopping cart cards-  I think you get CLIs on them at 9 months. Personally, I'd also call Cap One today and ask them to product change those two cards to Quicksilvers so that you can start earning cash back on them.

With your scores, you might also want to address the things that are keeping you down, such as any negative items.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 6 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received Pop-Ups on the first try for the following:

Victoria's Secret

J.Crew

Loft

All popped up after I hit "check out" and putting in address.  Victoria's Secret told me the amount on the Pre-Approval screen.  The other two told me before leaving the screen.  All only asked for the last four SS digits.

Message 7 of 66
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I still don't get popups from any of those stores :-( Not that i would actually take them even if it was an sp , but i want to feel loved :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 66
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I still don't get popups from any of those stores :-( Not that i would actually take them even if it was an sp , but i want to feel loved :-)

LOL! I could just picture you at the check out screen holding your computer yelling "LOVE ME!!"

I ordered my friend some perfume as a bday gift and got a pop up from VS (I did not accept). Buckle sadly (I was not educated) I took an HP in store.

Message 9 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, what, you can get pop-ups directly from the comenity website?  What is the address to this mythical site?  

Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.