Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I hit the NFCU CC Apply Button?

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Should I hit the NFCU CC Apply Button?

I've been a member since January-10 and initially wanted to wait until the end of the year to apply for a cc and navcheck loc.  I have paid down a nice chunck of my cc debt but still have around 45% util on my revolving debt.  I currently have 12 accounts with 6 reporting zero balances and all 12 are being paid as agreed, no lates.  I have 4 inquires in the last 12mos and none after may.  I have (1) CO and (1) 120 days, both date back to 2003 and will be deleted in December. 

I redecorated two rooms in my house last year and racked up several thousand dollars in debt under a promotional zero payments and zero finance plan from three different stores but now it's time to pay the piper and I didn't pay the balances as planned and all the interest will have acrued since the purchases, these are store cards so the interest rates are ridiculous!  My purpose for wanting to apply now for nfcu cc and/or navcheck loc is to move the debt to one card/loc with a much lower APR.  My EQ score is currently 647 but I am terrified to apply because the creditor I have the two delinquencys with is "Alliant CU", I know I screwed up big time but I was in my mid 20's and lost my job when I let those accounts go bad.  I'm afraid that nfcu will see that I had a bad credit relationship with another cu and deny me.  However, I really do need to move this debt to a lower APR so, do you think I have a chance of an approval? 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I hit the NFCU CC Apply Button?

Worth a shot but I would say doubtful. Good luck.
Message 2 of 4
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  How big is that doubtful? 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't but you might get lucky. Going in figure the inquiry is a throwaway.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.