Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I recon my credit steps CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I recon my credit steps CLI?

I think if you requested an early CLI while being on credit steps and received it, 500 credit steps increase is pretty standard. That's why when I requested one before 3rd statement and was offered 500$, I declined it, deciding to just wait for credit steps and see what they give me since i run 3x limit a month through that card.
Message 11 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

There really isn't much of a recon available with Capital One. You take what you get with CLIs, and generally can be eligible every 6 months.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always recon. Best of luck!!!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS1 is enrolled in credit steps and I was told after 6 months my total credit line will increased to $2500 from $2000. 2nd statement just cut and I hit the LUV button... +2000 for total CL of $4000! I was using it for everything and making big payments, then I got approved for QS @ 3000 so I've been using that mostly. I will try for CLI on QS in a month or 2 then combine QS1>QS for a much higher limit.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

You can always recon. Best of luck!!!

Not in this case.

Message 15 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well technically they can definitely try, but it's not going to help.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thanks everyone. I was just curious if I had a snowballs chance of getting a bigger CLI out of them but if not, I'm cool with that. I have gotten increased 1000$ since I opened my accounts in March, so I don't mind waiting till they offer me another one. Thanks again 😆
Message 17 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The nice thing is cap1 can be quite generous with CLIs as you build history with them. Also all requests are SP CLIs so it's a win win.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.