Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Assistance Please

tag
jenne223
New Contributor

Some Assistance Please

Hi,

I recently got approved for a cap 1 green cash reward card, a Macys store card, and Bloomingdales. Does anyone know if this cap 1 will help with increasing my score? Its just a $300 limit, but I haven't been approved for any thing else. From what I have read on here, Macys is a good card to have. On that one I have a $600 cl & bloomingdales gave only $300 also, but changed it to $800 after activating with a account rep. The only other card I have is cap1 mc and I know that one will never increase, I was late 30 days a year ago.

Do you think I should apply for BOA secured? I app'd for the rewards thinking I would possibly get the partially secured offered, but I just got the online message about 30 days.

Thanks for any assistance or advice.

Oh and the online chat rep for cap 1 said when I receive the new green card to call and ask for cl increase. What do you all think?

Thanks again for any words of wisdom

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some Assistance Please

These cards will definately help you build credit. Do you have other negatives besides the one late payment?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 6
jenne223
New Contributor

I have a lot of negatives, unfortunately.  I have a student loan w/ one late, a repo on a car and a couple of medical items and some other baddies.  I started working on my credit since March of this year....I found this forum last month and now I have learned a lot. I have managed to raise my score from  low and mid 500's to EX Fako - 602, EQ fico 632 and Trans fico 642.

Message 3 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

You already have enough cards.  A secured card will not help your scores, it will only tie up some of your money.  You need to take care of the cards you have, let them age, and try to work on the negatives you have.  Try GW letters etc..., you won't make much progress scorewise until these baddies age and or fall off your reports. 

Message 4 of 6
brother7
Established Contributor

@jenne223 wrote:

I have a lot of negatives, unfortunately.  I have a student loan w/ one late, a repo on a car and a couple of medical items and some other baddies.  I started working on my credit since March of this year....I found this forum last month and now I have learned a lot. I have managed to raise my score from  low and mid 500's to EX Fako - 602, EQ fico 632 and Trans fico 642.

Keep up the good work! These forums are a wealth of info. It may take a while but the end result will be worth it.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 5 of 6
jenne223
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I will sit on these cards that I have just received.  I will definately start writing a few GW letters.  And then try to be patient for the rest of the baddies to fall off. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.