Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To recon or not to recon

tag
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

To recon or not to recon

When and with whom is it a good idea to try for a recon? My husband was declined for the Fidelity card with B of A. He tried to call the backdoor number and was told he would have to send his request by mail (with a copy of the rejection letter - which I had written all over, a copy of his credit report and a statement of why it should be recon'd). This seems like a lot of effort and why on earth would we send a copy of our credit report - they have it since they pulled it? I would really appreciate some input.

DH scores: EQ 668, TU 689, EX 651
They pulled EX, of course.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: To recon or not to recon

Chase and BOA seem to be the top recon-ners around these parts.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 6
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

But have you ever heard them ask for all that for a recon? I'm developing a complex. It seems like all the backdoor numbers, recon requests, etc. just don't work for us like others on these boards.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 3 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Sure haven't.

I reconned FIA when I was subprimeish. I mailed them a nice letter. Three weeks later I got an inquiry on EX and another denial Smiley Sad
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 6
nicemann
Established Contributor

What was their reason for decline?  Also before you send them all of that stuff, I would try calling the backdoor number a couple of times.  People have posted that they have been turned down and they called back once or twice and the new operator approved them.  Mon - Fri during the day hours seem to be the best time to get an operator that will work with you.

BoA started me off with a secured card back in Sept 06, now I have 5 cards with with them with over 22K CL.  Try everything you can to get an account with them.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id say if at First you dont succeed try try again!!! RECON................................ send them the info and why you want to be approved!!!!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.