cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA will start providing free VantageScore ...

tag
b_diddy
Established Contributor

USAA will start providing free VantageScore ...

First creditkarma and now it looks like USAA will start providing a free monthly VantageScore ...

My VantageScore sucks!

USAA Vantage image.gif

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA will start providing free VantageScore ...

FICO's or death!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a part of a push by banks to seem more open about this data. The President announced this earlier in January.  He went over all of the banks that will be giving out scores. Can't remember all of the banks that will, but Chase will be giving FICOs to Slate cardholders.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a part of a push by banks to seem more open about this data. The President announced this earlier in January.  He went over all of the banks that will be giving out scores. Can't remember all of the banks that will, but Chase will be giving FICOs to Slate cardholders.

Just slate?

Ugh. Why not CSP holders as well? This benefit could push me into keeping it past next AF.

Message 4 of 19
IslandSoul
Established Member

*chants* we want FICO's we want FICO's.

I wonder why I didn't get that mail.
Message 5 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The Vantage score is not a complete FAKO, there are some banks who use it to make credit decisions.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received any such email.  USAA must not like me.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

The Vantage score is not a complete FAKO, there are some banks who use it to make credit decisions.

True, but that's like picking the toothpaste that one out of five dentists recommend. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 19
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't received any such email.  USAA must not like me.

Well, the message did say "valued credit card holder" ... :-)  Just kidding!!!  I'm wondering if they are doing a soft launch to certain cards to start.  As someone noted above, VantageScore seems to be catching on with a lot of CCC's/mortgage lenders ... according to their claims.  Now I'm going to have to master that one to untank my score, which is currently a lot lower than my lowest FICO.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 9 of 19
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

If only they would approve me 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.