Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU / Chase removing free fico

tag
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

WAMU / Chase removing free fico

Any WAMU CC holders notice that March will be the last month that we'll receive a free fico score?  It was fun while it lasted....

On another note, we can now purchase Chase's junk service for $7 a month!  Because apparently that's supposed to an incentive to us...   

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU / Chase removing free fico

Hi Matt,

Yes, this was a bit disappointing also.  This was the only real benefit of having a WAMU card, but if you take a look at Juniper they offer a Transunion FICO also.  Some here have said that Junipers FICO is enhanced for credit cards, but it there seems to only be a 2-3 point difference from what I see. 

Message 2 of 13
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

That's interesting.  I was denied for Juniper last year because of not having long enough credit history.  I plan on applying later this year because I really want tht AirTran CC.  That would be great to have a FICO along with it.  I was reading an article about FICO teaming up with Credit Unions and offering free FICO scores.  It seems like if America is truly concerned about the credit crunch and financial education then more companies will adopt this.  But then again, FICO is another business like anything else....
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expanding on your post, I would pay a bit extra month to get ALL three FICOS once a month or along those lines instead of just from Transunion.

If the price was comparable or even cheaper than MyFico, it is a win win scenario for everyone. 

Message 4 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Juniper does NOT provide a FICO score. That is a Transrisk score provided by TU. It's most definitely a FAKO. Whether it is close to your other "real" scores is immaterial.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew that Chase wont keep Wamu's free credit report. It make sense - it is not Chase's culture, and Wamu is Chase now ...

Message 6 of 13
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Losing the free FICO is bad, but what really gets under my skin is how they're breaking it to us.

"Sorry, we can't give you a FICO score for free anymore. But don't worry! We can happily give you a FAKO if you pay us!"

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once wamu is converted to chase I will request to change it to chase freedom or something that has rewards.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase, Citi, BofA....they all suck.  Greed is burying them all.  Fire Dimon, Pandit & Lewis with no golden parachutes.   Glad I got my CU CC.
Message 9 of 13
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Juniper does NOT provide a FICO score. That is a Transrisk score provided by TU. It's most definitely a FAKO. Whether it is close to your other "real" scores is immaterial.

For years my Juni Trans-Risk score has always been 100-150 points lower than my real FICO's and my PFICO (TU of course), it bounces up and down a few points every 4 months or so - no relation that I can see with any reality whatsoever!

Totally worthless FAKO of the highest order!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.