Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu CLIs

tag
Uniqua
Established Contributor

WaMu CLIs

Does anyone know if WaMu gives CLIs on the exact date of 6-month anniversary? I think I may have a high balance on my 6-month anniversary (which won't be paid down until a few days after statement drops) and was wondering if WaMu may wait until the balance is lowered before they give me an automatic CLI.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu CLIs

Uniqua wrote:
Does anyone know if WaMu gives CLIs on the exact date of 6-month anniversary? I think I may have a high balance on my 6-month anniversary (which won't be paid down until a few days after statement drops) and was wondering if WaMu may wait until the balance is lowered before they give me an automatic CLI.

Don't count on a CLI on your 6-month anniversary, regardless of your balance.  It's very hit or miss.  Some get it, and some don't.

From the reports I've read, the balance at the time doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether you get it.  I've actually heard of people getting WaMu CLIs while carrying fairly large balances.

Message 2 of 31
score_building
Senior Contributor

not sure but they cli'ed me around 9 months on my account.  if my memory serves me many have received one at around 9 months.  depending on how high your balance is and your payment history patterns they may still cli.  i received a 9 month cli at v. high util presumably because i already had begun to deveolp a PIF pattern on the card.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 31
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Oh wow!  I thought it was automatic with perfect payment history. So, I guess my scenario I posted on another thread (did you see that?) doesn't matter as it is a yay or nay?  Well, gosh darnit.  That sucks!  I'll stay optimistic in the mean time though.  If I really need a CLI, I'll just have you fork over some of that $15K you have with them! Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uniqua wrote:

Don't count on a CLI on your 6-month anniversary, regardless of your balance.  It's very hit or miss.  Some get it, and some don't.

From the reports I've read, the balance at the time doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether you get it.  I've actually heard of people getting WaMu CLIs while carrying fairly large balances.

Message Edited by Uniqua on 11-07-2008 12:49 PM
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's not automatic at all.

DF has had her WaMu card for 16 months.  Started at $9K and still at $9K.

I've had mine for 7 months.  Started at $15K and still at $15K.

Message 5 of 31
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Clearly, it's not!  Dang!

However, $15k is awesome, and I could even work with $9k, but this $2k I'm working with will need a salary increase as I am buying big ticket items for X-mas. 

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it's not automatic at all.

DF has had her WaMu card for 16 months.  Started at $9K and still at $9K.

I've had mine for 7 months.  Started at $15K and still at $15K.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, salary increase.
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed.  I didn't get a CLI until my 10th or 11th statement.  I went from $2K to $3K.  I guess I should be grateful for that because my Wamu MC doesn't see much action because it has no rewards, a ridiculous APR, and is one of my lowest limits, but that's a topic for another thread.

Message 8 of 31
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Uniqua wrote:

I've had a WaMu card for as long as I can remember and never received a CLI. I quit using it for about a year and recently accepted the cash back on purchases option so for 5 months I've charged about 200-300 per month and PIF each month. It is the card with the lowest CL. I've asked for a CLI every few months for about 2 years and nada. This card perplexes me so it would be nice if you report back if anything happens...
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

i get one about every six months.  I also have an old Providian and never get one.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.