cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart credit card....Did you know??.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart credit card....Did you know??.

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy to share what I know on this. I have not heard about the "requesting your cash back amount to be increased part", but I jknow when I received my recent CLI to 6k on the card, the cash back amount automatically went up to $1,200. Nice cash back amount.

Called to ask about it and was told that it can be taken in $100 incerements each 24 hour period, up to my full $1,200 amount. Has to be taken all at one time each 24 hour period (in other words, cannot be taken by a $60 and then a $40 withdrawal.) One withdrawal per 24 hour period.

I don't have need for the cash back since I want to keep this card at zero balance (the Walmart Card has a super high interest rate, so it is not wise to carry a balance), but it is a nice feature. Hope this helps someone.

Do you have the store card or the MC?

I just ended a chat session.   Apparently, my cashover limit is now $200 (which is more like 4% of my overall CL, instead of 20%).   The CSR stated that this was because of a cap on the cashback for store cards.   The feedback on here suggess differently, so it's hard to say.  

I have the store card and my new cash over limit with the CLI to 6k is $1,200 cash. Can be taken in increments of $100 per 24 hours, but only one single withdrawal per 24 hours according to CS.  Was a bit surprised they increased it to that, but then again, I've had the card for almost 3 years and it is paid in full. Not sure why, but glad to know it is there, although I don't plan to use it. 

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, and if it helps anyone..... I've used the card frequently  and paid in full. I have no idea if that plus the 3 year card tenure had any effect on raising the cash over limit but I would guess it may have. Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 36
trant3
Established Contributor

discover offers a similiar cash over feature which can be used at walmart or local grocery stores such as stop and shop. The upside to Discover's is that there is not cash over limit, but there is a single withdrawl limit (i think $100). Coded as a charge and not a cash advance. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 33 of 36
elim
Senior Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

I just did chat. They said the cash limit goes up with every credit line increase, but mine is stuck at $200 on a $5000 limit. The person on chat couldn't explain why I don't have 20% of my limit available as cash. I only get $20 when I want to wash my car or take the comforter to the laundry but I was intrigued!

mine is also at $200 (which i don't use) and my guess is...    my SL was $150 and even though it grew to 7k very fast.. my cash limit NEVER did (i think the growing cash limit is a new feature as no ones ever grew in the past).    when my CL was 4k i still had a $25 cash limit from my pitiful starting limit  (i looked when involved in a similar thread).

i'm thinking someones starting limit played a big role in their current cash limit but, this will probably not be the case anymore as they seem to be growing your cash with increases now.

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

discover offers a similiar cash over feature which can be used at walmart or local grocery stores such as stop and shop. The upside to Discover's is that there is not cash over limit, but there is a single withdrawl limit (i think $100). Coded as a charge and not a cash advance. 

Wow, now that is worth checking out. I will look into that.   I really love my Discover It card!  Thanks for sharing.👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.