Did you mean: 

Want to get an AMEX?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to get an AMEX?

Well the General consensus is the SPG! I'll dig into it more
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 11 of 15
icyhot
Valued Contributor

If only I could link my Choice, HHonors, Marriott and SPG points all in one card 😪
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 12 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Yeah, I've been looking at the Delta Skymiles but wanted to stay away from AFs.....and I have an airline card but no hotel

I guess you're not understanding. It's not about hotel or airline card but redemption value. That's what they're trying to explain. No matter what. You are not going to avoid AF. Unless you go straight cash back cards. 

Message 13 of 15
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Ah! I see. So SPG points have the best redemption value.

Message 14 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Ah! I see. So SPG points have the best redemption value.

Yes. All depends. If for certain hotels and miles. Although that's my next amex. I can't rack up enough spend. As too many card mouths to feed Smiley Sad 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.