Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Orchard Bank Preapproval a Hard Pull

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Warning: Orchard Bank Preapproval a Hard Pull

it appears that capone is hardpulling on the preapproval sites, just a heads up. DON'T USE THIS SITE! i just realized i have two hard pulls! oh no is right!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Warning: Orchard Bank Preapproval a Hard Pull

@scottwagnon wrote:

it appears that capone is hardpulling on the preapproval sites, just a heads up. DON'T USE THIS SITE! i just realized i have two hard pulls! oh no is right!

This might be an odd question but with score of 770 why are you wanting an Orchard card?

Message 2 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Think of pre approval sites as a calamine lotion for those of us who get the app itch. you get the glory from approval with none of the harmful side.effects (new accounts/inqs)
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 41
drkaje
Senior Contributor

LOL @ Web!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 41
john398
Senior Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Think of pre approval sites as a calamine lotion for those of us who get the app itch. you get the glory from approval with none of the harmful side.effects (new accounts/inqs)

Ok I can see that on a prime card like American Express or Discover with his scores just not sure with  orchard

Message 5 of 41
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Ok I can see that on a prime card like American Express or Discover with his scores just not sure with  orchard

It's like outpatient treatment. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 41
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Several people have complained recently that the HSBC/Orchard "pre~approval" site is doing hard pulls, but the website they are using is page 1 of a credit card application.    Anytime you are filling in an application there is a potential that they are going to pull your credit, especially if you are entering a SSN and mother's maiden name and other personal info like that.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Several people have complained recently that the HSBC/Orchard "pre~approval" site is doing hard pulls, but the website they are using is page 1 of a credit card application.    Anytime you are filling in an application there is a potential that they are going to pull your credit, especially if you are entering a SSN and mother's maiden name and other personal info like that.

While normally I might agree that you are entering a lot of information you should at least think it's possible but it's ALWAYS been this long application for pre-approval with Orchard, Best Buy MC (back when) and it always stated this is just a pre-approval and will not impact your credit if you don't apply for offer...

Message 8 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

It's like outpatient treatment. Smiley Happy

I've done it with Orchard Smiley Wink before I went on my app spree and picked up Zync, Chase Amazon Visa, and NFCU cashRewards... I thought of it as building my credit self esteem before apping!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 41
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

While normally I might agree that you are entering a lot of information you should at least think it's possible but it's ALWAYS been this long application for pre-approval with Orchard, Best Buy MC (back when) and it always stated this is just a pre-approval and will not impact your credit if you don't apply for offer...

please note i am NOT speaking of this site https://www.partnercardapply.com/start/hsbccreditcard a backdoor application which makes it somewhat clear that it is in fact an application and not a preapproval.

this is the orchard site that has allowed in the past to see if you prequalify for one of their cards which has always resulted in a soft pull. will now that capone has this, they are hardpulling eq only just for you to see if you qualify for any of the orchard card.

yes, webhopper is correct. unfortunately, now it is no longer safe to do this. thanks alot capone! i am disputing this, i hope i get lucky, but i doubt i will.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.