Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird AMEX credit- fraud??

It was for 13 dollars and some change.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a cash back credit. Or have you returned anything to Verizon lately that may have been bought on that card. A phone charger or something? Hmm not quite sure. All you can do is call in and double check .They'll tell you. Their customer service is great. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

All they really know is that it is a merchant credit as far as Amex goes.

The thing is I don't use the card much because it hasn't grown. I'm talking like Netflix and a coffee here and there. That is what makes this so weird because I haven't shopped at Verizon in a long time. I pay my monthly bill with Chase that's it. That's why it's throwing me off. I have some cash back built up with Amex but I haven't applied it yet.

I don't know maybe I'm going crazy 😂
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this was posted back in February, but I'm currently going through a fraud situation and my bank manager told me that sometimes thieves will make a very small charge on a card or account to see if it's an active account. I hope that this is not what happened with your card, and I understand it was a credit not a debit, but it still got my attention and made me wonder. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.