Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well...I couldn't help...

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Well...I couldn't help...

I could not hold myself back from applying NFCU goRewards MasterCard. I got the 3-5 days waiting message. Smiley Sad Maybe because I have a lot of new accounts and inquiries in the past 2 months...It's driving me nuts that I have to wait for the answer from NFCU. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Well...I couldn't help...

Good luck!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 12
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I am approved with only 1000 CL. Smiley Sad

Should I:

1. Move some credit from my 14K cashRewards to goRewards? If so, how much will it be good?

2. Move the 1K from goRewards to cashRewards, then close the goRewards which I just opened?

3. Call the CSR to request a CLI to at lease 5K?

I really don't want the 1K limit stay in my CRs.

Message 3 of 12
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

bump

Message 4 of 12
hot4u
Established Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I am approved with only 1000 CL. Smiley Sad

Should I:

1. Move some credit from my 14K cashRewards to goRewards? If so, how much will be good?

2. Move the 1K from goRewards to cashRewards, then close the goRewards which I just opened?

3. Call the CSR to request a CLI to at lease 5K?

I really don't want the 1K limit stay in my CRs.

Give it time.. You know how NFCU IS on Cli's...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 12
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

How often do they give out auto CLI?

Message 6 of 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

If your reason for applying for the goRewards was to have a no-fee card with no ForEx, then I would keep it unless you already have another card that offers the same.  If you want higher spending capabilites, then move some credit from your cashRewards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 12
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

If your reason for applying for the goRewards was to have a no-fee card with no ForEx, then I would keep it unless you already have another card that offers the same.  If you want higher spending capabilites, then move some credit from your cashRewards.

Yes, it was my reason. It is my only no-fee, no FTF card. Maybe it is a good idea to move some credit from my cashRewards like you said.

Message 8 of 12
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I just called to request moving 4K from my cashRewards to my goRewards. Let's see how it goes.

Message 9 of 12
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

NFCU did it. They moved 4k from my CashRewards to my goRewards, which made it a 5k card. I guess NFCU does not always give out high limit cards.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.