cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my cash advance limits and how can I see them, or access them?

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

What are my cash advance limits and how can I see them, or access them?

Edit: the answer is in the statements, frequently.

In the past I had made assumptions that my cash advance limit was 10-50% of my credit limit. But as you can see, this is purely anecdotal and based on conjecture.

How can I see what my cash advance limits are, do I have to call? How do I access said lines? Can I see what the fees are, some are 5% some are 3% some are different.

These things are not always available to see in online logins

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are my cash advance limits and how can I see them, or access them?

Good question. Citi Bank prints the cash limit on the statement. FNB Omaha made me call, US Bank on the revolving credit lines had to call with the fixed credit limits showing on line and neither is printed on the statement, Chase shows on line and is printed on the statement, Discover shows online and is printed on the statement, and USAA had to call.

Message 2 of 5
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

thanks

yes, I have two cards where I don't know at all right now

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Generally speaking you can always call your creditor with questions about your accounts.  Don't overlook any paperwork they've sent you whether it's statements, terms or other documents associated with your account.

Message 4 of 5
Berk
Established Contributor

Watch what you pay in interest on cash advances as well. Not a good idea to use your credit card as an ATM card at all. I never use any of my cards for cash advances.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.