cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards will you use for the holidays?

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

What cards will you use for the holidays?

I would like to start a thread on which cards everyone will use during the holidays and why. Not only will this help others learn about rewards but it may help some people while app'ing. 

I am personally going to use my CSP as much as possible for the things I plan to PIF or want the extra protection of the Visa Siggy. Everything else I will most likely use my US Bank as it will be 0% well past the Holiday Season. 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: What cards will you use for the holidays?

My Discover It will probably be card that will get the most use in the coming months. I buy most things online and they have the 5% category for online shopping in the 4th quarter.  

Message 2 of 39
rockinn8
Contributor

Discover It and Chase Freedom in their respective online malls!!!  Actually excited for the upcoming holiday season, I used to dread it!!!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 39
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

My Discover It will probably be card that will get the most use in the coming months. I buy most things online and they have the 5% category for online shopping in the 4th quarter.  

That will be perfect for Cyber monday or whatever it is. I like that day because I refuse to wake up at midnight to go stand in line and punch people in the face as they take my new TV

Message 4 of 39
Startome
Regular Contributor

LOL Azguy my girlfriend and I went to try to get gifts for people once and felt like we were in a game of football!

I'm working on a list of Store cards and their various perks, maybe it can give people some ideas here too.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Store-Card-Perk-List/m-p/2459079#M699242

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 5 of 39
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

That will be perfect for Cyber monday or whatever it is. I like that day because I refuse to wake up at midnight to go stand in line and punch people in the face as they take my new TV

I completely agree, there's nothing in the world I'd ever want bad enough to actually put up with those crowds lol.  I love cyber monday!

Message 6 of 39
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Startome wrote:

LOL Azguy my girlfriend and I went to try to get gifts for people once and felt like we were in a game of football!

I'm working on a list of Store cards and their various perks, maybe it can give people some ideas here too.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Store-Card-Perk-List/m-p/2459079#M699242

That is an impressive list. I am sure it will help A LOT of people. I am looking at it jsut for the knowlesge though because I am committed to gardening, lol

Message 7 of 39
Startome
Regular Contributor

Thank you =) I hope my list doesn't make it harder for some people to garden, and just helps those not looking to garden xD

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 8 of 39
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

I completely agree, there's nothing in the world I'd ever want bad enough to actually put up with those crowds lol.  I love cyber monday!

Yea, I get pretty stressed out when I have that many people around me who I dont know. I dont trust people enough to be around that many of them, haha

Message 9 of 39
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Discover iT for 4Q bonus, CSP to reach required spending/purchase protection and AMEX BCP for the department store category.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.