Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next in my rebuild??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What next in my rebuild??

I have scores between 680 and 700s, I just refinaced my auto loan with  NFCU as well as being approved for a 18000.00 CL Visa with Navy I also have Cap one card 1000 limit, 2 Credit One CC 1000 & 500 limits,Merrcik bank CC 2000 limit. I transfered all balances to my Navy Visa my question is what other types of cards should I aim for to make my credit picture well rounded?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What next in my rebuild??

The comment "Well rounded" is a broad statement.  My question to you is what kind of credit profile do you consider well rounded?  Is it is based on cards they have?  If so, what card should exist on a credit profile to be considered well rounded?

Answer that and we will be able to answer your question / offer suggestions.

Message 2 of 5
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have scores between 680 and 700s, I just refinaced my auto loan with  NFCU as well as being approved for a 18000.00 CL Visa with Navy I also have Cap one card 1000 limit, 2 Credit One CC 1000 & 500 limits,Merrcik bank CC 2000 limit. I transfered all balances to my Navy Visa my question is what other types of cards should I aim for to make my credit picture well rounded?

I would definitely close credit one cards, try to get a cli on Cap one, add one more credit card, maybe an amex, and add maybe one or two store cards along with one small personal loan / installment loan possibly from your credit union. This should give you a nice mix of accounts and help maximize your fico score. This way you will have 3 good credit cards, 2 installment loans and few store cards, and let everything age. That imho would be a nice - mixed account - credit report.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would definitely close credit one cards, try to get a cli on Cap one, add one more credit card, maybe an amex, and add maybe one or two store cards along with one small personal loan / installment loan possibly from your credit union. This should give you a nice mix of accounts and help maximize your fico score. This way you will have 3 good credit cards, 2 installment loans and few store cards, and let everything age. That imho would be a nice - mixed account - credit report.

.What a thoughtful reply...couldn't lose with this advice. AND..STAY CLOSE TO THE NFCU.

Message 4 of 5
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

.What a thoughtful reply...couldn't lose with this advice. AND..STAY CLOSE TO THE NFCU.

Thanks Julie Smiley Happy

And i definitely agree with Julie because last year when i started my rebuild in june, i bought a car and financed at 29% I know, daytime robbery but no problem, i took it for the moment. Scores got a little better, opened up a local CU account, and last month refinanced at 3% with 60 days no payment. So now my next move for the next 3 months is reevaluate my credit cards / comenity accounts, close some, and get a card from my CU. It is always good to have good relations with CU's. 

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.