Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the big deal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the big deal?

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the big deal with the CSP? I see so many people setting that card as a goal.The 50,000 bonus is nice, but the other earnings don't seem like that much over other cards. We do travel a good bit, but we own vacay points with Wyndham so no travel costs to earn extra there, and usually we drive to locations. Our other primary vacays are cruises. 

So what makes this card so special? Do I need to be lusting after it?

you own points with wyndham? as in, you did one of their time share things?????????

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Friendly reminder... I personally love this stuff (Constitution talk, etc.) but we're getting close to that line set by the 'powers that be' that we can't cross.  Smiley Wink

We need to bring it back to discussion of points... speaking of which, I'll be the first to mention that points cards aren't for everybody - I personally like cash rewards better myself.

I do have the PRG, but I don't have it for rewards purposes (although I'm not giving my MR points away... LOL).  I much prefer the simplicity of the BCP and my other cash earning cards.  I have an account set aside just for my cash rewards, that way when the time is right they are all in one place for me to spend.  Smiley Very Happy

That being said, the 'road warriors' and people who travel for pleasure seem to get excellent value from the various 'points' cards.  Smiley Happy

edit:  can't spell today

But...but...but....Consitituional Law is my speciality Smiley Wink

I do need to add re: driving vs flying.  Perhaps cops can't legally violate your rights, but if you think they DON'T violate rights, you're not paying attention.

(To bring it back on-topic)

Which is why it's better to carry cards over cash...at least for now.

Spelling isn't though... Smiley Very Happy

Topic:

Points and cash back chasing get some in a lot of trouble... Me? I'm just saying more more more!!!

Of course, a rational man would be able to tell the difference between a typo and a misspelling (and why is this the ONLY place where my computer doesn't detect spelling mistakes?).  

Now don't you have some tea to tax or fingers to blow off?  Happy Treasonous White Male Landowner Day Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple posts in the thread said (paraphrasing) that with Freedom/FU you don't earn UR, or that they're not UR until you transfer them to CSP. Not true. You DO earn UR with F/FU (and even Ink Cash I think, but don't have that so wouldn't swear to that one). It's just that if you don't have a CSP or Ink+ then you can't transfer them to travel partners to redeem for more than one cent per point. 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.