Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is it too late to recon?

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

When is it too late to recon?

How long after a decline can you wait to recon?  I am waiting for scores to update after recently paying down several balances and would like to recon an AMEX app from 30 days ago.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When is it too late to recon?

The only recon that I've ever attemtped was with BoA (sadly, it was a no go). IIRC, there was a 30 day window. I don't know if that's the same for Amex, so perhaps someone else can chime in.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 5
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

The only recon that I've ever attemtped was with BoA (sadly, it was a no go). IIRC, there was a 30 day window. I don't know if that's the same for Amex, so perhaps someone else can chime in.

30 days is what I would assume.  Anyone have experience with a recon over 30 days?

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 3 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

How long after a decline can you wait to recon?  I am waiting for scores to update after recently paying down several balances and would like to recon an AMEX app from 30 days ago.

Have you checked the decline letter from Amex to see if it gives you a deadline? In general, I would agree with the 30-day window, max; though one CC (can't recall which) has a 14-day limit.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 5
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@UpNComing wrote:

Have you checked the decline letter from Amex to see if it gives you a deadline? In general, I would agree with the 30-day window, max; though one CC (can't recall which) has a 14-day limit.

Just checked the letter.  No deadline mentioned.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.