cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are hold times so long to talk to a US Bank CSR?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Why are hold times so long to talk to a US Bank CSR?

Why are hold times so long to talk to a US Bank CSR?  I'm always getting estimated hold times of 30+ minutes whenever I call in.  I just waited about 40 minutes to talk to a US Bank CSR, and when I finally reached one, I got disconnected -- now I have to wait for another 30+ minutes *again*, not fun...  Smiley Sad

Do they just not have enough staff to handle customers calling in to speak with them?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Why are hold times so long to talk to a US Bank CSR?

I guess that's the price you pay for US based customer service Smiley Wink, that does seems rather long, I've never had to wait more than five minutes to speak to someone at US bank, granted I call them once in a blue moon. I would guess they are short staffed. 

Message 2 of 17
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Maybe try calling a local branch?

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 3 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They are a relatively smaller bank vs Chase, Citi, etc so they have less staffing, and thus the longer hold times. That's my theory anyway.

Maybe the issue is something you can just email them about instead? 

Message 4 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Us Bank is not small by any means... They handle Elan as well who does lending for gosh knows how many banks/cu's..  They have huge call centers would be my guess..  Maybe no one wants to live in Farg o? Smiley Happy

With above said the few times I have had to call I have been on hold maybe 1 min max?

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Us Bank is not small by any means... They handle Elan as well who does lending for gosh knows how many banks/cu's..  They have huge call centers would be my guess..  Maybe no one wants to live in Farg o? Smiley Happy

With above said the few times I have had to call I have been on hold maybe 1 min max?

CC ND isn't the arctic circle Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

CC ND isn't the arctic circle Smiley Happy

Mise well be Smiley Happy..  

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're probably cutting costs by reducing call center staff!

Generally calling the branch is NOT a good idea. There's very few things retail banking employees can do over the phone for their customers in terms of servicing.
Message 8 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Asset wise they're quite a bit smaller than the "big 4". They aren't small, absolutely not, but they aren't as big as some of the others. They're #5.

http://www.managingmoney.com/fdic_assets.php

Anyway, being #5 you'd think they'd still have staffing but every company cuts corners these days.

Message 9 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Who said anything about calling the branch?  He said CSR, not branch.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.