Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be pushing it with Citi?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I be pushing it with Citi?

A little over a month ago I got a CLI (2 so far) on my Citi card to 10k. In 2 weeks my 6th statement will come out. Should I push it and ask for another CLI? Will they auto CLI me at 6 months? Is this too much? Currently my balance is >10%, which I plan to pay off before the statement date.

I only have one CC with 50k, which is a joint account with my STB, but I want to try to get my own accts up to 20-25k. Am I pushing it?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Will I be pushing it with Citi?

Ask for it. What do you go to loose. Be prepared for a hard inq if they choose to do so.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say be patient-

Also the 50K CL is not calculating in UTL- so be careful  
Message 3 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

For that kind of limit in a short period of time they might want your Financials. Be prepared to send them your Financials.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tim, thanks. I will be patient.

I thought I read somewhere that 50k doesn't count into your util. Why? Anyway, I should be fine though. The 50k has a $10 bal and my overall util is 19%.

So do you think 50k is the highest that card can go? Normally, he would get regular auto cli's and now nothing. He never really uses the card, besides to purchase songs on itunes, so it doesn't really matter. I never use the card (that's another story). So it is pretty much always between $7-10 bal and he could care less about a bal reporting.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
For that kind of limit in a short period of time they might want your Financials. Be prepared to send them your Financials.

I will take Tim's advise and be patient. I do know they may want my financials, its cool. I just want a card that I have established on my own to have a high CL (not like 10k isn't).
Message 6 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You can call after 6 months to see what they would give you w/o a hard pull.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Theory on this is that FICO thinks- "If he has a $50K CL, he obviously has a legitimate need to have this much available (Business expenses, private jet rental, whatever)- and his creditors trust him- so why punish him.

This also goes back to (IMO) to the ultra-rich - It's fairly well know that "important people" and celebs get white glove treatment on their credit files.  

I would have him reduce the CL to $49K     

jaybee wrote:
Tim, thanks. I will be patient.

I thought I read somewhere that 50k doesn't count into your util. Why? Anyway, I should be fine though. The 50k has a $10 bal and my overall util is 19%.

So do you think 50k is the highest that card can go? Normally, he would get regular auto cli's and now nothing. He never really uses the card, besides to purchase songs on itunes, so it doesn't really matter. I never use the card (that's another story). So it is pretty much always between $7-10 bal and he could care less about a bal reporting.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

He doesn't use the card for anything major at all. He is in love with AmEx and Diner's, so they get all the play. He has had this card since 96 -- WAAY before he knew me.

What do you mean why punish him? Why punish him with calculating the bal in his util?

Maybe I will ask him to get a decrease on the Cl. Wait, I can do it right, since I am joint?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.