allnicksgone
Established Member

Re: discover increase!!!

@chan85 wrote:

@allnicksgone wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@allnicksgone wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

5% off gas coming up!!!! not to mention I use it every week for 15% off groupon and I love that!

and thanks for all the replies! good and bad. discover will actually give you a higher credit limit but yes they do a hard. but in my mind its totally worth it! Some like cap one or hsbc will never give you a credit increase of more than 50% of your current one.

Cap One recently increased my limit to $6,500 from $1,500 and I didn't even ask for it.

I hope Discover does the same, but that card is a little newer.

WOW! What type of card was that??

Just the plain platinum card. 

was the 1500 your limit when you opened your card or did you work up to that too?

$1,500 was the limit when I opened it. My one year anniversary was this past October. In November I received the letter stating I am being increased to $6,500. 

I hardly ever use this card as I almost exclusively use my Discover with a $1,500 limit for the rewards. Maybe they knew that by doing a soft pull and are trying to entice me to use their card more?

Message 31 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to do a hard pull of course but its been 6 months and I am not applying for anything big for atleast 6 months. 2800 to 6000 dollars!

Congrats!!

I just want the card, forget a CLI Smiley Very Happy

Want mine? It's just sitting on my closet shelfSmiley Very Happy

I don't even carry it in my wallet!!Smiley Very Happy 

YES!!!! Smiley Very Happy

u can have mine 2 LS

really?!?!?!?!?!? your so nice!!!! Would you overnight it to me??

online now putting u on AU

omg OMG!!!!! YaY!!!!!!!! Hey wait a minute who's gettin' the rewards?!?!?!

i get the cash back,, duhSmiley Surprised

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Must be one of cap one's 'prime' card

I'm convinced there is not a CrapOne prime card, even their commercial's for their "prime" cards are whack Smiley Very Happy

You mean the one with Alec Baldwin or the one with Jimmy Fallon?

Both are actors comedians, so I take is Cap One themselves might consider their own cards as jokes?

Both of them are whack, not even funny. I've never actually seen someone with a CrapOne Venture card.

Now that you mention it, I don't remember anyone on here with a venture. But i did read that this is Cap One's prime. On credit cards site they put the venture in the 'Excellent Credit' category.

I checked the prequalify on Cap One site and prequalified for Venture, Platinum, and Cash cards. Choices...Choices Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 35
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

This thread has gone way off topic. The original title was "discover increase". Let's get back to that out of respect to the OP. Different opinions about Cap 1 or any other card can be saved for a new thread.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 34 of 35
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

congrats. I have a measly, borderline offensive $500 credit limit with Discover, despite an unblemished payment record dating back to 1999.

Dear Discover: I'm overdue for a line increase, no? I would actually use your card if I wasn't worried of going over the limit next time I pick up the tab at dinner...

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.