does anyone know when capital one is fully taking over

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: does anyone know when the orchard bank cards are going to change to cap one

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

No one knows for sure here yet, i'd keep your eyes open on the forums and eventually someone will have the news on it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
Juan123
Established Contributor

No, theres no set time table, the acquisition is said to be approved Q2 of 2012... but thats just an estimate.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 3 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

One person tells me one thing and I'm told another thing.

Message 4 of 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I'm sure several someone's know (as in C1 and Orchard exec's). They just don't participate in this forum or have the authority to disclose non-public information.Smiley Tongue

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Oh wow, this is the first i'm hearing of this. I was actually planning on paying off my Orchard Bank this month and closing it before I get hit by the annual fee (i think it's like $59 or something). This card served it's purpose for me (build credit so I can get some prime cards.) 

If I keep this card open, once it gets changed to Capital One, would it still have the same $320 limit it has now with the same annual fee? Or will it be converted into one of Capital One's cards?

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Viper786 wrote:

Oh wow, this is the first i'm hearing of this. I was actually planning on paying off my Orchard Bank this month and closing it before I get hit by the annual fee (i think it's like $59 or something). This card served it's purpose for me (build credit so I can get some prime cards.) 

If I keep this card open, once it gets changed to Capital One, would it still have the same $320 limit it has now with the same annual fee? Or will it be converted into one of Capital One's cards?

Your guess is as good as any of ours...

eta:  My suggestion is that if your credit profile won't suffer, go ahead and kill it.  $59 ain't worth it if you don't need it.

Message 7 of 8
Viper786
Regular Contributor

That is true, I feel that $59 is not worth it. I now have an Amex Zync and Chase Freedom. Don't really need this Orchard Bank card anymore especially considering that I have a Capital One stuck at $500 for 7 years now.

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.