Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i feel...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i feel...

I really do hope you can refrain from applying for anything for at least a year, you really need to.

Message 11 of 21
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Including clis?
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 12 of 21
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

.......and the beat goes on.......

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 13 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I'm glad your not leaving the forum altogether Afbar Smiley Happy, you got a little app happy and essential got initiated\hazed. I think a lot of members might go through that to some degree, it's like a seriousness test. If someone hints they aren't serious about why they're here, they often get a bit of a "hazing", like a lot of "groups" do. Other forums too.  From what I've read guys are usually harsher on the guys than on the gals, though the females can be just as harsh to all LOL.  A lot like the real world in person etc I guess.

(I think that's why hauling grabbed the popcorn LOL).

I'm glad  you feel in a position to garden, you are in that position now frankly (when people say they "feel" they can do something, they usually have it within to succeed at it). You're young (from what I can surmise) and have time to grow your history.   You don't have to keep cards open you'd rather close. It's just what many feel would be wise, at least if they have no AFs.  You might want to let Cap 1 at the 500CL step you up to the 750CL before closing (right before the next AF were to hit. Let them show open for about 12 months if you're comfortable doing so.

If  I had the Jared I'd never use it, if you used it and no longer need it, you could always put that in the SD and leave it to show you have a limit like that on your report (it did give you a decent CL).  I nearly forget about my Kohls until they have something I need on sale and I have a discount, then I dust it off and use it, then it goes back into hiding.  I have to admit, I don't think your BBY card is on the Plan B, mine isn't and it went from 900 to start to 1000.  BBY may close before I close the card however LOL. I like it for the 0% options they seem to offer when I need something they sell LOL.

If your Cap 1's have AF's, like I mentioned above, those would be the one's I'd close right before the AF.  If  you decide to hold store cards like has been suggested (for a while anyway), SD them with 0 balances then re-evaluate after 12 months. Jared is you highest CL so I'd really suggest holding onto that for a while regardless, even at a constant 0 balance it looks good on your report (IMHO).  Frankly, with 0 balances on the store cards, they could sit in your SD all summer without you ever looking at them, just the statement when it comes to be sure they're fine (0) and file the statement. After seeing those can be that easy, you may just decide to leave them open and unused a bit longer, who knows. You don't even have to check here frequently, many of us don't, only when we have spare time I think.

As for the 200CB for Chase, I'm not sure about that, you could ask if you get it the next time you're on the phone with them (activating the new card etc) and they may grant it. It won't hurt to ask but don't make a special call just about that right away.

If I'm still alive in 10 or 20 years and this forum still exists and I'm still able to get online and comprehend reading at that age and your here too. I am going to love kidding you about your having 3 checking accounts with 4 banks, a HELOC, a mortage (or 2, rental maybe lol) 15 CCs, 3 car loans and another student loan. I'll dig up your old post about needing only 3 CCs and tell you "I should have told you back then, the one thing you can count on, is change"  Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If I'm still alive in 10 or 20 years and this forum still exists and I'm still able to get online and comprehend reading at that age and your here too. I am going to love kidding you about your having 3 checking accounts with 4 banks, a HELOC, a mortage (or 2, rental maybe lol) 15 CCs, 3 car loans and another student loan. I'll dig up your old post about needing only 3 CCs and tell you "I should have told you back then, the one thing you can count on, is change"  Smiley Wink

p>The part about having 2 mortgages; 3 auto loans; 5 ccs.... a student loan. sounds a lot like my life We did get down to only 1 car loan now so that helps! Afbar will grow along with his good credit and one day his life may evolve beyond this.forum and beyond thinking about apping Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 21
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

If  I had the Jared I'd never use it, if you used it and no longer need it, you could always put that in the SD and leave it to show you have a limit like that on your report (it did give you a decent CL).  I nearly forget about my Kohls until they have something I need on sale and I have a discount, then I dust it off and use it, then it goes back into hiding.  I have to admit, I don't think your BBY card is on the Plan B, mine isn't and it went from 900 to start to 1000. I like it for the 0% options they seem to offer when I need something they sell LOL.

If your Cap 1's have AF's, like I mentioned above, those would be the one's I'd close right before the AF.  If  you decide to hold store cards like has been suggested (for a while anyway), SD them with 0 balances then re-evaluate after 12 months. Jared is you highest CL so I'd really suggest holding onto that for a while regardless, even at a constant 0 balance it looks good on your report (IMHO).  Frankly, with 0 balances on the store cards, they could sit in your SD all summer without you ever looking at them, just the statement when it comes to be sure they're fine (0) and file the statement. After seeing those can be that easy, you may just decide to leave them open and unused a bit longer, who knows. You don't even have to check here frequently, many of us don't, only when we have spare time I think.

As for the 200CB for Chase, I'm not sure about that, you could ask if you get it the next time you're on the phone with them (activating the new card etc) and they may grant it. It won't hurt to ask but don't make a special call just about that right away.

i was thinking about leaving jared open because of the high limit. HSBC told me that BBY is on plan b and will never give me a CLI. i  can try for a CLI since its a SP and see what they say. my cap1's will be the first to go when they are paid. as i no longer need them. i guess leaving my retail cards open isnt a bad idea. i do go to those stores alot. HD i am un sure of as i go there oncea year and if i spend more then $20 i am lucky. ill see about that one. BBY i go to ALOT ALOT. so maybe ill will keep it open.

kohls i go to alot most of them its when i get 30% off and as  i dont pay tax on clothes its great for me. and i will use the chase message center when iget it to see if i can get it but when i activate ill see what they can do. and how/ and why would i wont 3 checking accounts with 4 banks dont i only need 3 banks lol 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 16 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@afbar1114 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

If  I had the Jared I'd never use it, if you used it and no longer need it, you could always put that in the SD and leave it to show you have a limit like that on your report (it did give you a decent CL).  I nearly forget about my Kohls until they have something I need on sale and I have a discount, then I dust it off and use it, then it goes back into hiding.  I have to admit, I don't think your BBY card is on the Plan B, mine isn't and it went from 900 to start to 1000. I like it for the 0% options they seem to offer when I need something they sell LOL.

i was thinking about leaving jared open because of the high limit. HSBC told me that BBY is on plan b and will never give me a CLI. i  can try for a CLI since its a SP and see what they say. my cap1's will be the first to go when they are paid. as i no longer need them. i guess leaving my retail cards open isnt a bad idea. i do go to those stores alot. HD i am un sure of as i go there oncea year and if i spend more then $20 i am lucky. ill see about that one. BBY i go to ALOT ALOT. so maybe ill will keep it open.

kohls i go to alot most of them its when i get 30% off and as  i dont pay tax on clothes its great for me. and i will use the chase message center when iget it to see if i can get it but when i activate ill see what they can do. and how/ and why would i wont 3 checking accounts with 4 banks dont i only need 3 banks lol 

If you ever become a homeowner, HD might come in handy.... SD?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 21
android01
Valued Contributor

If anything, Appbar, you are the real deal.  You're not like some others in recent memory - you're doing this on your own and for all practical purposes, you are being honest with us.  That goes a long way, to tell you the truth.  Whether we agree with you or not is subject to the scrutiny of the reader of your posts.  You infuriate some of us (myself included) but at least you're honest about it.  That's more than I can say for some folks here.  You just need to listen to us every now and then when we advise you.  It's not for our amusement, believe me.  You continue to post, take the flak, and hopefully learn from others misstakes rather than you own.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 18 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

You're communication with someone with 3 checking accounts (all free) and deposits in 4 banks\CUs........  No mortgage or car loan however.

You kind of just listed reasons you might want to keep the cards open, if you can refrain from using them unnecessarily.

During the BestBuy and Kohls 5% bonus by Chase Freedom (Oct-Dec), you can also pay your Kohls bill at the store with your Chase Freedom and get a 5% reward from Chase for doing so btw.  I'm not sure if that works for BBY however, it may though if paid in store.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 19 of 21
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

You're communication with someone with 3 checking accounts (all free) and deposits in 4 banks\CUs........  No mortgage or car loan however.

You kind of just listed reasons you might want to keep the cards open, if you can refrain from using them unnecessarily.

During the BestBuy and Kohls 5% bonus by Chase Freedom (Oct-Dec), you can also pay your Kohls bill at the store with your Chase Freedom and get a 5% reward from Chase for doing so btw.  I'm not sure if that works for BBY however, it may though if paid in store.

how is this possible and if it so lets say a $100 with a 30% off i will pay $70. then anthoer 5% i will get $3.50 back. so that buy will cost me $66.50. if i did everything ready

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.