Regular Contributor
thatdoodjohn

impulse.

i just applied and was instantly approved for a discover open road.

my mom is definitely gonna kill me haha.
Established Member
UpTheDernCreek

Re: impulse.

Ha Ha, John. Use it wisely!! :smileywink:
*****I broke my paddle beating Crap One over the head with it! ******
Established Contributor
landocalrissian

Does your mom have to pay the bill on that sucker?

:womanmad:

What credit limit did you receive???

I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Regular Contributor
thatdoodjohn

Noooo, she just thinks I'm gonna go into crazy debt. :smileysad:
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Just use it for GAS!  Don't you dare go into debt!  Congrats!
Super Contributor
concorduser

I agree with your mom. Give me your mom's number, I'll calll and tell on you. Use it wisely and dont get into debt that you can not handle.
Established Contributor
landocalrissian

[ Edited ]
Also bear in mind that this is a DISCOVER card.  For some of us, this is a difficult card to acquire.  I cant get one right now and I had one way back in college that I screwed up.  That one was paid off by my mom.  Please, keep this card clean.  In all seriousness.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 07-23-2008 08:19 AM
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

landocalrissian wrote:
Also bear in mind that this is a DISCOVER card.  For some of us, this is a difficult card to acquire.  I cant get one right now and I had one way back in college that I screwed up.  That one was paid off by my mom.  Please, keep this card clean.  In all seriousness.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 07-23-2008 08:19 AM

I am glad you mentioned this actually. There is so much talk about how to treat your Amex, but do similar rules apply to Discover?  I am waiting to get mine in the mail and I don't carry a balance on any of my cards unless one accidentally reports before I am able to PIF, but I still want to treat this badboy with as much care as possible. Anything that they look for? Or frown upon?

Established Contributor
landocalrissian

I know this.  I applied for one last year and what they offered me was the HSBC Direct Rewards (Discover Network) card with a 1400 dollar limit which is essentially a "poor man's" Discover card.  I took it since I am credit rebuilding mode.
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

landocalrissian wrote:
I know this.  I applied for one last year and what they offered me was the HSBC Direct Rewards (Discover Network) card with a 1400 dollar limit which is essentially a "poor man's" Discover card.  I took it since I am credit rebuilding mode.

Hey, I would have taken it, too!  It sounds much better than a lot of the rebuilder cards that are out there, so having that one, is great!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}