Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impulse.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

impulse.

i just applied and was instantly approved for a discover open road.

my mom is definitely gonna kill me haha.
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: impulse.

Ha Ha, John. Use it wisely!! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your mom have to pay the bill on that sucker?

Woman Mad

What credit limit did you receive???

Message 3 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noooo, she just thinks I'm gonna go into crazy debt. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just use it for GAS!  Don't you dare go into debt!  Congrats!
Message 5 of 55
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I agree with your mom. Give me your mom's number, I'll calll and tell on you. Use it wisely and dont get into debt that you can not handle.
Message 6 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also bear in mind that this is a DISCOVER card.  For some of us, this is a difficult card to acquire.  I cant get one right now and I had one way back in college that I screwed up.  That one was paid off by my mom.  Please, keep this card clean.  In all seriousness.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 07-23-2008 08:19 AM
Message 7 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

landocalrissian wrote:
Also bear in mind that this is a DISCOVER card.  For some of us, this is a difficult card to acquire.  I cant get one right now and I had one way back in college that I screwed up.  That one was paid off by my mom.  Please, keep this card clean.  In all seriousness.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 07-23-2008 08:19 AM

I am glad you mentioned this actually. There is so much talk about how to treat your Amex, but do similar rules apply to Discover?  I am waiting to get mine in the mail and I don't carry a balance on any of my cards unless one accidentally reports before I am able to PIF, but I still want to treat this badboy with as much care as possible. Anything that they look for? Or frown upon?

Message 8 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this.  I applied for one last year and what they offered me was the HSBC Direct Rewards (Discover Network) card with a 1400 dollar limit which is essentially a "poor man's" Discover card.  I took it since I am credit rebuilding mode.
Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

landocalrissian wrote:
I know this.  I applied for one last year and what they offered me was the HSBC Direct Rewards (Discover Network) card with a 1400 dollar limit which is essentially a "poor man's" Discover card.  I took it since I am credit rebuilding mode.

Hey, I would have taken it, too!  It sounds much better than a lot of the rebuilder cards that are out there, so having that one, is great!

Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.