Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty

Re: pulled the trigger, no luck :(

Try your local CU.  I was able to refi my auto loan for 1.99% last week.  They seem to have very good rates for established customers.

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Valued Member
bmis42988

Re: pulled the trigger, no luck :(

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think I just got too antsy cause of the rates the banks were giving me on my auto loans with the scores I had, which pretty much matched my fico scores. I'll know for next time that just because you're approved for a 25k auto loan @ 3.99 doesn't mean you'll get approved for a credit card.

I tried with the cap1 EO a few months back, all they could do was give me rewards on one of my cards. I requested 1500, which isn't a crazy amount because I expected them to counter offer but they flat out said we can't offer any amount of CLI at this time.

I tried 2 CU's here in nevada and they both were higher than what BofA gave me. SSSCU gave me 7.99% pending 2 years income verification, 6 months paystubs (**bleep**) and some other bogus info. WCU offered 4.9%. Honda financing matched the rate and took a little over 1,000$ off the quoted hondacare price.

I think i'll just hang on to my cards for a bit, get them to less than 10% balance and build my scores up. I hate being denied. I was so overjoyed I got approvals from every lender I applied for an auto loan with, i slipped up and tried to get some CC's. Now i know!

TU: 675 EQ: 669 EX: 670 (All fico) Garden since 07/23/13

Goal: 700+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}